clutch master cylinder

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
Apparently they made two different type of master cylinders.one that has a none replaceable line and one that the line screws into it, like a 1/8npt or something..anyone know what years have the one with the line that is replaceable? ? Also what are the differences?? I need to have a SS line made for current 5 speed m5 but want it removable so when I switch to my T5 I can switch lines..the T5 and m5 use different quick disconnects at the slave..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never mind ...they all are removable. .the stealership lied..they use quick disconnect on both ends.the top is held into the master by a pin...see if I can get luck and the top be the same for both trans because they make SS lines for the T5 with quick disconnect on both ends..

Can delete this thread if you want.....;)

Glad you got it :)

Never mind ...they all are removable. .the stealership lied..they use quick disconnect on both ends.the top is held into the master by a pin...see if I can get luck and the top be the same for both trans because they make SS lines for the T5 with quick disconnect on both ends..

Can delete this thread if you want.....;)

Hi,

i actually wanted to point out that you were correct in the first post.
My clutch line broke - the bottom part. So the workshop ordered just the line that goes from Master cylinder under the car to the clutch. Happy with my new part when it arrived i happily went to the garage and discovered that it was completely userless as in my case the master cylinder and the line were all in one part - no replacable or disconnectable lines. So i had to order the WHOLE thing again from ebays - master cylinder and the line already connected. 1991 Explorer XLT.

:salute:

I would like to see that..everyone ive seen IS two pieces. ..hope they gave you the old MC and post the link to this one piece unit..they do sell them with it connected already but those are pre filled so you dont need to bench bleed it..

Back