Derrick C.

Moderator Drinkin Corona
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Twin Falls, Idaho---------B.F.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 92 XL
My slave cylinder is going to crap and I have a cheap NAPA clutch in there now and I'm curious which one of the Center Force clutchs fit in a 92 XL 4x4? Any info would be good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Center Force makes 2 clutches for the Explorer the 1 and the Dual Friction. I put the center force 1 in my truck it lasted about 40,000 miles but I have 33x12.5 tires and 4.56 gears, when it went out I put the Dual Friction in and at 30,000 miles it is still like new.

my knee hurts

How much did u pay for your force 2? My clutch is hard topush in as it is, did your pedal get even harder to push?

heh

I replaced my entire master cyl and the clutch was super difficult to push..its bearable now but still 500% harder to push than it was before. I posted a thread on this but noone replied...

Some advice for you guys/gals replacing your clutches on the 91-94s..the stock master cyl pushrod thingy is PLASTIC..it has a tiny metal reinforcement stick in it but its not always straight through...I found the spot in mine where it was just plastic :) The foctory replacement master cyl from Ford is a better design with a different hose location, and a fully metal pushrod.

Thanks alot for the info.I guess i was hoping that somebody would give me a cure for my stiff clutch. Oh well, i guess i will have to just deal with it.

Really what is the deal with that? My clutch is hard to push in too. And my clutch is going bad again in a little over a year, and I don't really peel out or anyhitng, just sometimes, but I get it at about 1500 RPMs when I am going, slowly let the clutch go, I go to 1500 cause I hate it when the explorer dips down when I don't give it enough gas. The one I bought from Goodyear cost me $350, what a ripoff. Especially when I can get a dual friction from centerforce for less than that. I hate those places that charge you an arm and a leg for regualr parts.

Yes, I know what you mean about the front end dipping. O.K. I admit it.....Yesterday I stalled it at the light, but it was one of those, you know, when all 6 cylinders of the engine are magically on the compression stroke!!! and it feels like you just hit a brick wall. I couldnt help but notice the guy in the car next to me chuckling. I guess its just my trucks way of showing me i'm not as cool as I think I am. AAAARRRGGHHH!!

Back