• Register Today It's free!

CM code 327

mrgunny

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I had my check engine light come on three times so far, twice in the same day. The light did not stay on.. it went out before I turned the truck off. Hooked up a code reader today, KOEO test came up 111 (good), and then got the 327 code from memory (CM). No recent services done... I'm getting ready to change the plugs, pvc valve and air filter. The only thing I've noticed in the last month is that it seems to "lag" when starting, like the battery is low on charge.

I've seen some posts on the EGR valve and also on the DPFE. I've not had either one replaced. Looks like the DPFE (small damn part) is of the old metal/aluminum type.

Any ideas on where to start??

Ed sends

I've still had the CEL come on occassionaly. In the mean time, I've ordered and received a replacement EGR valve and DPFE from Rockauto.com . Plan on replaceing the items tomorrow - hopeing for the best!

Ok, replaced the EGR valve and the DPFE sensor yesterday. Cleared the codes from memory. Drove the truck for a bit and rechecked the PCM codes - both were "111". Hopefully this does the trick! How stupid is it that the new DPFE sensor has a different connector (pigtail) on it than the old one?

Back