• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Coates Rotary Valve anyone know about this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
sounds like an updated version of the old mazda rotary engine...that was the motor of the future 35 years ago....:D

RubySlow

Reaction score
City, State
Pacifica Ca to be S'Pacific
Year, Model & Trim Level
BAYDESTRIAN
sounds like an updated version of the old mazda rotary engine...that was the motor of the future 35 years ago....:D
My only question is why doesnt anyone have this setup, are the afraid of 15,000 price tag or the technology, I saw the video with the Motorcycle.
The had a Review in Popular Hot Rodding mag I think like 7 or 8 years ago and a stock 5.0 engine converted to the coates valve system produced over a 475 over a stock engine, thats twice the horsepower. "Test run at Coates’ facility have seen a Ford 5.0-liter engine spin to 14,750 rpm"

http://www.projecttransam.com/coates.htm

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
if i remember correctly i seen a show recently about high performance cars and the mazda rotary engine is being installed in one of those high performance production vehicles today and i forget what make of vehicle it is...the motor if i remember had some bugs they fixed and it turned out to be a good motor...their vehicles though were crap...

coates has been around for awhile...i believe there is alot of politics in the big vehicle makers and if they don't jump on the band wagon, alot of individuals can buy there product, but it's not the same as selling thousands of them...there will be bugs and problems for awhile...even if it is near perfect with no problems, unless they have backing of the big companies, it will fall thru the cracks...just my opinion....;)

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
It's nothing like that at all.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
yes, a rotary piston is greatly different from a rotary poppet valve engine...what i meant to say and let me be clear on this, it is the motor of the future with a way different thinking on an old idea, the combustion motor...it has the same brilliance of idea and forethought as the mazda rotary engine and thats what makes it similar...that and only that...;)