Coates Rotary Valve anyone know about this? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coates Rotary Valve anyone know about this?

I was browsing and came upon this company.

http://www.coatesengine.com/csrv.html

pic06.jpg

no camshaft, no lifters, pushrods.......

What are your guys thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like an updated version of the old mazda rotary engine...that was the motor of the future 35 years ago....:D

sounds like an updated version of the old mazda rotary engine...that was the motor of the future 35 years ago....:D

My only question is why doesnt anyone have this setup, are the afraid of 15,000 price tag or the technology, I saw the video with the Motorcycle.
The had a Review in Popular Hot Rodding mag I think like 7 or 8 years ago and a stock 5.0 engine converted to the coates valve system produced over a 475 over a stock engine, thats twice the horsepower. "Test run at Coates’ facility have seen a Ford 5.0-liter engine spin to 14,750 rpm"

http://www.projecttransam.com/coates.htm

if i remember correctly i seen a show recently about high performance cars and the mazda rotary engine is being installed in one of those high performance production vehicles today and i forget what make of vehicle it is...the motor if i remember had some bugs they fixed and it turned out to be a good motor...their vehicles though were crap...

coates has been around for awhile...i believe there is alot of politics in the big vehicle makers and if they don't jump on the band wagon, alot of individuals can buy there product, but it's not the same as selling thousands of them...there will be bugs and problems for awhile...even if it is near perfect with no problems, unless they have backing of the big companies, it will fall thru the cracks...just my opinion....;)

It's nothing like that at all.

It's nothing like that at all.

I conquer jtsmith,
the mazda rotary engine is a totally different design than a rotatary poppet valve internal combustion engine...

yes, a rotary piston is greatly different from a rotary poppet valve engine...what i meant to say and let me be clear on this, it is the motor of the future with a way different thinking on an old idea, the combustion motor...it has the same brilliance of idea and forethought as the mazda rotary engine and thats what makes it similar...that and only that...;)

Back