RMS Power Range (Watts) 2-40 2-35
Peak Power Handling (W) 130 130
Design 3-way 2-way
Tweeter Design Dome Balanced Dome
Tweeter Composition Silk Poly-Ether-Imide Film
Woofer Composition Polymer Composite Polylaminate
Woofer Surround Butyl Rubber Rubber
Impedance (Ohms) 4 4

one is $50 more per pair... which would you choose? I like that one is a 3way, but the other one has a larger frequency ranger, up to 30k... whats human hearing go up to anyway?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Specs don't mean much...ou should listen to them first if you can. Our hearing range is only 20 Hz - 20 kHz. Don't be too concerned about higher frequencies.

My guess is the speakers advertising up to 30khz range are going to sound very harsh on the highs; you'll wish you had an EQ to tune it out. But, then again, I've been substantially less than correct before. ;)

I would recommend a "brand name" quality speaker instead of these.

Good luck....

they are brand name.. one is clarion, and the other is polk... the 2-way speakers w/ a range to 30k are Clarion 2 ways. the others are Polk DX7s...

hehe.. theres no way I wouldnt go with brand name.. in fact, Im trying to find the highest quality brand name out there... Im considering components.. can I fit those in the door? cause I dont want to put kick panels in... if I put kick panels in.. what would i put in the door?

Originally posted by Steve94LTD
they are brand name.. one is clarion, and the other is polk... the 2-way speakers w/ a range to 30k are Clarion 2 ways. the others are Polk DX7s...

Sorry, you didn't mention names in the post.

i didnt mention the names because I wanted info based on the numbers, not on the name... If I had to choose by name, Id pick the infinitys

Originally posted by alphasylum
Then how did you come to the conclusion they weren't brand names?

I assumed since no names were mentioned that they were "no name" speakers.

Just goes to show what assume means....

Just goes to show that sometimes you need to look at what's important. If your familiar with what makes a good speaker then you would'nt need to know the name.

p.s.
I'm not being mean or anything.

alpha... any input? you seem to know some stuff too :D Id like to get as much input as possible.. :)

IMO:

Go with the better RMS...

I also agree w/ Kontrol Trak....20hz - 20,000khz

the difference between the 2 dbs is small

the tweeters are both fine

3 way boosts overall sensitivity

Are you going to use them for the front door only or back as well? Are you going to use a subwoofer?

Can you find a place that sells them and listen to them? Thats your best bet... Specs don't mean jack for the most part, both are a good quality speaker that should handle more watts RMS than they are rated... The FR is for the most part a bologna measurement without the rolloff rate. The one with the 91db/1 watt sensitivity is gonna be a hair louder than the other (remember, 3db is percieved as twice as loud, if I remember correctly). Silk tweeters are gonna yield a smoother, mellower tone, but I haven't really heard that many film tweeters to compare to. I don't like 3 way speakers personally, doesn't do enough for the sound to justify blocking up the midbass with crap and blocking the sound.

See if you can listen to them. That's your best bet. Buy what you like. If I was picking by name, I wouldn't buy either :p ...

Back