Cobra Brakes on Front of the explorer ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cobra Brakes on Front of the explorer ??

fast5.0explo

Reaction score
City, State
Langley, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone out there know exactly what is needed to put a Full Cobra Front brake assembly(caliper,rotor,brackets,spindles,etc..) on your first gen ???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the biggest issue is going to be finding a rotor, the 13 inch cobra dual piston caliper brakes dont use the same hub style the 2wd ex's do they have a unit bearing instead of two grease packed conical bearings. after that it would just be trial and error on bracketry, dont qoute me on this but the caliper bracket off the cobra may bolt right up.

I think the caliper bracket could turn out to be a nightmare, our ex's have those funky slide pins instead of bolts to hold the caliper to the bracket, I dont think thats how the mustangs work, but I can check tomorrow... Also as mentioned above that conical wheel bearing spindle set up could be troublesome.... I dont see how it can work but I wouldnt be surprised to learn that some genious figured out a way to do it

I Do Not Have Any Advice Just Want To Check In Later For Progress Of Ideas !

Back