Cobra R's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cobra R's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5120DSC00001.jpg

NaplesBill has 20" cobras on his Explorer. They look good

-Drew

i was looking at some like that but dont know if i want 18's or 20's. I also found these
charcoal_cobra_wheel.jpg

What wheels are those usually on?

-Drew

they are 10th anniversary Cobra wheels

How much would it even cost about to get a set of 4 cobra wheels in 20s? I want to get those or just some 5 star ponies or something.

the biggest i can find is 17x9 online.

ebay has them - I saw like 6 differnt auctions

on an '02 and newer you got to go with at least 20s, i'd go for 22s actually. those 20s look small to me on there. My brother has those same wheels on his escape in 20".

I bought mine used but they are made by Dante I believe. Here is another pic. You can see by this pic how the offset is perfect on these wheels:

05-07NBX13.jpg

My ride is perfect so I doubt I'd never go with 22s myself. I am a form follows function kind of guy. It has to work well first.

Thanks Drew. It's really coming together.

you can still run a significant sidewall with 22s- but i do respect that reasoning

personally, i think 3rd generation explorers do not fit well with any rims below 20 inches except for their own stock wheels... get 20 or 22.. but moneywisely, i would get 20..

aside from ebay where can i find 20 or 22 inch cobra r wheels for my 4wd xplorer sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back