Cobra Wheel question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cobra Wheel question

I just bought the wife an 04 XLS 2wd and I was interested in a set of the 17" Cobra R wheels. I've heard that on some wheels,you have to run spacers and I really don't want to do that. Will the regular 17x9 R's fit,.....and what kind of back spacing would I need?

I'm considering using either a 255/60R17,....or a 275/55R17. Both of these are basicly the same height as my stock 235/70R16

I've also considered the R replica wheels from Explorer Express, as they say that no spacers are required. http://www.explorerexpress.com/catalog/pages/wheels.html

What do you guys recomend?

ttt

Come on now,......someone is bound to have the answer to this.

From what i have heard, the 02-newer X's have alot more room around the front components and are much more forgiving with a wide wheel with alot of backspacing. I used to have a pic of an 02 with R's on it, but its gone. Im fairly certain you wont have to run spacers. I dont know of anyone that offers the 17x9 R's in various backspacing.... all ive ever seen are around 6".

FYI- alot of us that had them on 95-01's didnt run spacers either. It was close, but doable.

Back