• Register Today It's free!

code 124

dmorris

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
CE light came on went off after a few min while driving today.

got 111 then 124 codes

Checked TPS Voltage was between .91 and 4.57, ramped up smoothly with throttle (engine off).

Cleand MAF, cleared code, is there anything else I should check? Truck is running fine (92 exp xlt 2wd 130k)

Note, the dash mounted volts reads about 3/4 range (higher than middle but below the 18v top) have a new battery (good one). voltage with eng off about 12.4 forgot to check with engine running. Could a too hi voltage when running mess things up?

Could a too hi voltage when running mess things up?
I expect it can cause problems, but I don't know if that brief CEL/CM124 inidicate a problem with the source voltage. Only takes a minute to check, though, so it may not be a bad idea to check.

After clearing the code, did anything come back, or are you getting 111 from CM now? It sounds to me like a one time/intermittent fault. If the code isn't coming back, I would check the TPS, MAF, and O2 sensor circuits (because those are the "big three" in terms of fuel control) for loose connections or other obvious electrical fault. Check for vacuum leaks. You might try running the KOER test, if for no other reason than to become familiar with the test protocol. If the code isn't coming back, and there are no other symptoms and you don't find any obvious faults, there may not be anything more to do at this point but to wait for the problem to occur again and/or become more consistent and deal with it then.

after clearing code got 111.....111 so will keep an eye on it, also will report back on the running voltage, I may have goofed up the regulator/alternator some time ago when using the car to run an inverter to power a frig (charlie 2004 no power for a week).

14.2 while at normal driving speed.

Back