Code 32 air bag or clock spring (test). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code 32 air bag or clock spring (test).

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
My SRS (air bag light) is flashing.

Last night coming home around 11 pm on i15 in the super hood my air bag light starts flashing. I'm in Vegas just out side Neil's Air Force base and hood USA. I kept driving. Once or twice while at a stop light I had a ruff idle started driveing and made it home. Put on my scanner no codes. But my air bag lights 3 flashes-2 flashes. Internet says clock spring. And another site says steering column electrical problem. Turn single wiper air bag. Why no code showing on scanner but flashes on dash. Can I drive with a bad clock spring until I replace it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted about my airbag and clock spring 33 viewers no takers.

I found this u tube video on u tube on how to test your clock spring with a multimeter with out taking off the wheel first. If not the clock spring it could be a air bag controller under the dash. Monday night I smelt a burn and thought maybe the head light switch. That's what killed these vans with fire. And I didn't drive it till wed night when the light flashed.
I found this stuff on the other Aerostar fourm it seems 2 other Aerostars had the same code this week. The week of the busy Aerostar gremlins. I would have included this in my original post but it has been closed.
WWW.youtube.com/watch?v=UgL22uM8Tk&sn=en

Hope this works for you Robert

https://youtu.be/-UgL22uM8Tk

Every thing works

All controls work and got power so it it's eather a bag controller under the dash or bag. I'll spring for the controller first now eBay fishing

Back