• Register Today It's free!

code: 327

fishmac135

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I just recently learned how to retrieve codes on my 94 explorer. My code is: 327, which is: DPFE or EVP circuit below minimum voltage of 0.2 volts. I don't really know where to go from here. I talked to a guy at the Ford dealer, but he was no help at all. (I guess they don't make their money by giving out free advice) So I talked to a pretty knowledgeable guy at on of the local parts stores. He said to check wiring and vacuum hoses around the EGR valve and related components. I've looked the best I can and can't see anything obvious. Am I on the right track? Can anyone tell me what this code means and what to check next? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

It means that the signal from the EGR sensor is/was too low. More specific meaning can be determined if you can identify whether it's a KOEO hard fault code (would point to an almost certain electrical fault), KOER code, or continuous memory code (could mean it's intermittent which can be harder to diagnose).
Checking wiring and hoses around the EGR system is a good first step. Beyond that, the next best step probably depends on knowing the results from all three sets of codes (including which sets "passed"). I'm not real good with EGR systems, because I've never had to deal with any problems in my '87 (and the EGR system in my '87 would probably be different enough that it might not help anyway).

Back