• Register Today It's free!

Code P0506.

1Roots

Reaction score
City, State
Jamaica, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
Hello Everyone. i have a few issues with my baby Her name is Black Beauty. i have a 04 XLT. I'm at 106,000 miles. The TB is fly by wire (someone left a screw driver in the airfilter box causing dirt to get in there, i think this is the cause of my new headache). I have changed the wires, spark plugs (original completely shot), oil filter, air filter, and oil. Service soon light came back on. I can't find the PCV valve, Where can i buy the special tool to remove the fuel filter, how do you clean the MAF sensor and WHere is it locates?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Can i use the a regular carb cleaner or is there something special i can use?

Ford has a tsb for this code to reprogram the pcm and replace the throttlebody. It has to do with idle control and rpm with the electronic throttlebody. Trying cleaning the throttlebody and disconecting the battery and see if it returns.

Hello Everyone..............

I can't find the PCV valve

46PCVValveLocation.jpg

40PCVValveLocation.jpg

Wondering if 1roots found the p0506 issue. Found my trouble code after replacing battery and alternator. A F150 forum had users with the same trouble code after replacing battery.

Wondering if 1roots found the p0506 issue. Found my trouble code after replacing battery and alternator. A F150 forum had users with the same trouble code after replacing battery.

Same problem, do this procedure and it will fix it.

Just for future readers: cleaning the intake with MAF spray and rag cleared the code. Thanks guys.

Back