• Register Today It's free!

Code P0743..Help!

jlgray81

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EB Explorer
A few weeks ago I had a small shift flare from 4th to 5th/OD..Got a fluid an filter change...still flared...so I started driving with OD off..Havent had any problems until the other night...Felt a kick in the tranny then my chime went off...looked at message center and it said 'check transmission' along with my OD light flashing...that lasted about a minute and the light quit flashing and the message center went back to normal

Had a guy check codes for me tonight..it through out p0743 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit electrical. Has anyone ever had this issue with this code? If so, what was the fix? I was told to replace the valve body and solenoids

Do a search for p0743. Lots of info on that error code. And yes, most likely to be solenoids and valve body.

Do a search for p0743. Lots of info on that error code. And yes, most likely to be solenoids and valve body.

I've looked around about it a lot. Seems it could be either or. I noticed that these 5r55w's have a looooong history of the valve body going bad. It would be my guess to just replace the solenoid pack and the valve body

Back