• Register Today It's free!

Code P1715.

andrewpisaro

Reaction score
City, State
santa rosa ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
hey every one how is it going i am new to this site, but not at all new to having to work on the 5r55w in my 02 explorer. i have gotten a few different codes, the first was p0775 i believe. in the code description and from what i could find online the servo block was bad. after replacing the servo block. which i bought from wholesaletransmissionparts.com. im pretty sure the part is good but now i get the code p1715 which from what i can find online is the error code for shift solenoid B. if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated im at the end of my rope.

thanks

Andrew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank You

Thank u very much for the idea. I was thinking there maybe a bad sensor in the trans. Is that a possibility? I was thinking maybe a speed control sensor or something like it? Any info u can give me would help. Also what is the best way to check the internal harness from one side to the other?

Ok cool thanks. the other thing is I was kinda curious about the P1715 code since it was different then the first one so i reset the light and drove it till both the check engine light was on and the o/d light was flashing and ran the codes again and it gave me the same one it gave me the first time the P0745 pressure control solenoid malfunction. is that solenoid in the solenoid block or is there a separate one? or could it be something within that system making the computer think there is a bad pressure control solenoid? thank u for your help.

I'm having whacky shifting (hanging in 2nd too long before shifting to 3rd) in my '02 Explorer. CEL came on, got it on a computer & it showed pressure control solenoid A. Is that in the pan on this model?

The electronic pressure solenoid is in the valve body. They go bad from heat and dirty fluid. Change the pressure solenoid and put in all new fluid. Good luck.

Im having a hard time locating pressure controll solenoid a is it in the solenoid block or is that the shift solenoid pack only if its in the valve body can i just replace the whole valve body will it come with all the pressure control solenoids as well.

I have actually already bought a block from 800700tran.com and replaced it and still no change. could it be a simple sensor

actually the one that is in the trans now is the second one I'v gotten from him. The first one I installed left me with no reverse. I had him send me a new which made it do the same thing as the original. What are the odds all 3 are bad is there any way for me to test them. I think im gonna buy a sensor pack and replace all 3 or atleast the shift sensor. because it seems like even if i bring the RPMs up to 3500 and let off the gas completely it will still only shift from 2nd to 3rd if im going 25 mph or more.

yea that i know. I have replaced the block twice and it keeps giving me the same code p0745 which makes me thinks its something else electrically in the system. could it be a valvebody or valvebody gasket problem. sorry for the blatant ignorance. any tips would help im planning a move from california to washington in march and i would love not to have to tow it up there. Thanks

so i checked and unfortunately i didnt find anything useful. but I did check the bands and both tightened to proper specs. so the bands are good. The only thing that makes me think its a sensor thats bad is no matter what i do there is no change. it seems to me if it were something mechanical one of the things I'v done would have given me some change. also everywhere i look its saying that p0745 should be paired with p0733 and its not so i just dont know. do you think its worth it to just replace the sensors or is there way i can test them if so can u walk me through it please. Thanks

The 4 shift solenoids are basic on/off sensors (at least on the older models with discrete solenoids). The EPC & TCC are modulated, so you will need a scanner that is capable of cycling them. Did you ever replace the servos?

no i havent. do i have to pull the trans to do it. or can i do it in place im trying no to pull the dam thing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back