Code

maximus44

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4x4 4dr.
Hi, I'm getting:
KOEO code 337 - EGR valve position or Exhaust Pressure Transducer circuit above maximum voltage
KOER code 136 - Lack of Heated Oxygen Sensor switch during KOER indicates lean bank 2

I replaced the DFPE sensor a couple months ago. It fixed the CEL light for about two weeks, then it came on again. The sensor was replaced with an aftermarket one, and I also replaced the vacuum lines. Could it need replacing again already?

And the 136? Caused by the malfunctioning EGR system?

Thanks for any assistance!!!
'95 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you replaced the DPFE sensor, did you make sure the vacuum lines on it were good? Also, make sure they haven't come loose.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, I replaced the vacuum lines also. And I've checked to make sure they are still secure.
I ordered a new Motorcraft DPFE sensor and should be replacing it this weekend. I will give an update.

For those Canadian buyers:

Ford Dealership -Motorcraft DPFE sensor= $218 + $30tax = $248Cdn

www.rockauto.com -Motorcraft DPFE sensor= $80 + $20ship + $20tax= $120US

go figure........

So I replaced the DPFE sensor. No more "check engine" light. Hopefully it will last longer than the two weeks that the aftermarket sensor lasted.

The new Motorcraft sensor came with a new connector. This required cutting off the old connecter and splicing the new connector to the harness. It wasn't too difficult.

What did the car run like with a bad DPFE?

Was it rumbling at idle and surging?

My 95 ran fine. CEL light came on, and was throwing EGR codes. Based on what I read on this forum, I replaced the DPFE sensor and cleared the codes. CEL has stayed off and there are no codes.

What is the risk if I keep running it like this?

EGR is not connected, vaccum line to EGR is capped. The truck has never run better. I dont need to pass emissions with this truck anymore.

Back