Codes 53,173,212 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Codes 53,173,212

X-North

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
I just got a 53 code Throttle position sensor over maximum voltage.
173 Oxygen sensor is or was not switching,Fuel control
212 Ignition TACH signal was erratic (module/wiring) or SPOUT circuit fault - Ignition Systems

Is it possible that my TPS give me all those codes and replacing it will solve false reading of other units or is it something else?
I am not sure of everything because my 53 code it make 1-1-1 and then make the rapid 5 code and then 1-1-1 and then the rapid 3 code. It reapeat it ...wait ...one flash to tell we go in CM code and begin CM code ...but why on koeo codes it give 1-1-1 as engine passed but just after that it give a 53 code ????

but why on koeo codes it give 1-1-1 as engine passed but just after that it give a 53 code ????
That doesn't sound normal. Is this from a single attempt, or did you repeat the test a couple of times to see if it was consistent? My first thought is that you may have had a loose connection somewhere, causing your meter/test light/code reader to blink rapidly due to a bad connection.

i made the test and even filmed it i tryed to post it in the vid section but wont work and even in you tube it wont work but only 2 minutes and 61 megs

Back