• Register Today It's free!

Codes

k24t

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Carmel PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
I'm having idle trouble with my 95 explorer and I read all the posts cleaned all the sensors and still have the problems so I checked the codes today and lots of codes came up
41, 25,38,53,66,32 in that order can all them sensors be bad or could one or two bad sensor make the computer think that a couple are bad.
I changed the throttle position sensor about a week ago and that code still came up
I also reset the computer after the cleaning and replacing the sensors

1995 Explorer 4.0 136,000

Thanks for the help

1) I'd double check those codes. I've always been of the impression that only a '91 Explorer will output two digit codes. '92-'95 Explorers should output three digit codes.
2) Was 41 really the first code? No 11 for the KOEO ahrd fault codes? 41 shouldn't show up as a hard fault code, since the O2 sensor doesn't function with the engine off.
3) 25 points to a knock sensor, and I've only seen it as a KOER code, usually a result of a bad dynamic response test (didn't "goose" the throttle hard enough). Does a '95 4.0 have a knock sensor?

All that stuff aside, when you have multiple codes like that, the first thing to do is identify which test they came from (KOEO hard fault, KOER or continuous memory). Then start working through the KOEO hard fault codes one at a time, starting with the first one output. After resolving that code rerun the tests to see which codes are left, then work on the next KOEO hard fault. Continue until all KOEO returns 11 or 111 (pass). Then start working on the KOER codes (because they also represent "hard faults") until you obtain 11 or 111 for the KOER test. Then, clear the continuous memory codes (if they haven't been cleared already) and drive it to see if any memory codes are reset.

Back