• Register Today It's free!

coil height questions

ny50

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
for you guys that completed the sas, are you all running 5.5 inch lift coils off of tj's or broncos and able to run 35's or do you also have a body lift. i'm curious because i'm planning a sas this summer and was checking out the 6.5 grand cherokee coils from rock krawler. mainly because the ex and grand cherokee weight about the same. thanks

Alot of guys use 5.5 lift springs from Wild horse. I just bought some 6" lift coils from skyjacker, but they aren't installed yet, so i couldn't tell you for sure.

Alot of guys also run 3.5" eb coils :D I was going to run 5.5"s but I got such a good deal on a used set i couldn't pass them up

I'm wanting to keep the total lift below 6"s, the 5.5"s would have just been nice for the extra space for the coils to more ;)

I am running BC Broncos 6.5" winch coils- they yield about 7.5" of lift on a Early Bronco. I think I am pushing 7" or 8" or so over stock. I tried running about 5 to 6" of lift, but I didn't have enough room for any up travel. My coil buckets are mounted up higher than EB coils. I am using F150 full height buckets, alot of guys are running EB buckets that are shorter than f150 buckets. I think coils off a grand would be cool, trouble is you will probably have to build your own buckets/ upper mounts. You really can't use the uppers off a XJ or ZJ because they are largely dependant on the UniBody. Tj buckets are welded on and scarce in the Junk Yards.

Back