Coil Spring Drop out guides

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
I need something to help guide my coils out of thier buckets and to get them back in. (Not my highlift and the bottom of my foot). I have seen them in Cherokee lifts. It just sits in the center of the coil bucket and when you flex out, and your coil drops out it just guides it out and back in place again. If anyone knows where I can get something like this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know what you are talking about, and there were two other people on this site that had done that. One of them was Rick, back before he went with coilovers, and there was also one other person but I do not remember who, I just remember seeing the picture. Check Ricks past photos, but other than that I think you are going to have fab some up.....

Hey Rick!!

Can you offer anything to this Rick?

I remember those photos too. You don't still have these brackets, do you?

Thanks,

Andy

Can't you just weld some tubing in the center as a guide? Pull the coil, jack it up to full bump then measure the length and subtract like 1/2" so you never have to worry about hitting it. Then just weld it in there. Why would you want to do that though? Do you think the weight of the axle on the ground really puts any traction down? Or is it just for the ramp so it looks good?

its just last time I went wheeling, my spring came out of the bucket. I guess I could just get some "J" hooks to retain the spring. I guess that would be the easiest thing to do.

Thanks,

Andy

Superlift sells J hooks for your Explorer....Check truckaddons.com

If you want more travel and your coil is coming out of the bucket, get longer coils :)

It is a good idea to let the coil, with a J hook retainer, limit your droop, instead of the steering, shock, or brake line.

6" Skyjacker coils with a J hook, extended radius arms, and stock steering can produce massive articulation, if you J hook the coil you can avoid using limiting straps.......

Thats probably what I will do. I am thinking of putting on the superrunner steering too. I still want to get longer brake lines though.

Thanks

Andy

Heres what I did to mine. Easy, cheap, and it works.

Attachments

• coilbucket010001.jpg
    coilbucket010001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 141

Back