Coil Spring Replacement Suggestions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coil Spring Replacement Suggestions?

DVRDOWN

Reaction score
City, State
West Palm Beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT Flex Fuel 4x4
Hey guys, I've got an '02 Ex 4x4, and like alot of other guys with the '02's, both my rear springs are broken in multiple spots. I'm getting set to replace the rear springs as well as all 4 shocks. I've done some searching on the forum and have come up short with suggestions on what springs to use and where to buy them. I have seen on several supplier sites that they have springs for either a "handling" suspension or a "rough road" suspension, both running about $90 EA. Thoughts on either of those? Or my other option is to go with Moog replacements that run about $120 each at Advance Auto. I'm also planning on replace all 4 shocks with Monroe Sensa-trac, as well as replacing the upper control ball joints in the front.

Has anyone found any good suppliers where i can get a great deal on quality parts over the dealership? So far Advance Auto is winning in all my searching. Thanks for the help guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Monroe Sensa-trac i thought came in an option called 'ready strut' has the shock and spring ready to install. that would be my first choice.

Has anyone found any good suppliers where i can get a great deal on quality parts over the dealership? So far Advance Auto is winning in all my searching. Thanks for the help guys!

www.rockauto.com

Is a vendor of the site and almost always has the same part (they sell spicer, moog, ect) for less including shipping than local parts stores. I think there is an explorerforum 5% discount code too.

Thanks guys! JRFord, do you know if the Monroe Quick Struts are just for the front suspension? Or could i put those on all 4 corners? I was able to find them on rockauto for a decent price.

according to Monroes site, cool pic to of them, monroe .com

Part Number 171322 are the rears.
Part Number 171398 are for the fronts

Monroe Sensa-trac i thought came in an option called 'ready strut' has the shock and spring ready to install. that would be my first choice.

what he said

Thanks for the thoughts! I'm liking what i'm seeing with the Quick-struts. Has anyone on here installed these before?

Back