• Register Today It's free!

Coil Spring Spacers Help

XPlorer4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Labrador City, Newfoundland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer 4x4
How's it goin everyone?? I'm just wondering if I am installing 2 inch coil spring spacers to the front of my 1991 Explorer will i need longer shocks???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No you won't need longer shocks. But if you go offroad alot (especially in hilly terrain) you will probably want them because with the 2" lift and stock shocks , the shocks will be the limiting point of your suspension travel.

You shouldn't have to...but it might be helpful... With only 2 inches of lift, I'm sure they'd reach, but it would probably limit your flex a little bit if they stretched out all the way. If you plan on just driving on the road, then you don't have to worry about it.

edit - good to see we're on the same page here jason :D

I am still running the stock length shocks with my spacers. They do limit the travel, but they save the brake lines. There is only about antoher inch of slack left in the brake line when the stock shock is fully extended. If you are planning to go to a longer shock you will have to go to longer front brake lines, and the only ones I have found are for the 5.5" lift, so they will be WAY too long.

Mike, where did you see those brake lines? I need some.

sorry to get off topic, but where did all of you get your spring spacers? ive searched and i know ive seen them places before but i cant seem to be able to find them again.

Back