• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Coil springs for SAS?

rguy

Reaction score
City, State
Republic of Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 4x4
I currently have a Superlift 5.5" Ranger kit on my '91 Explorer and am in the process of evaluating a SAS. Can I reuse these coils? It appears most people order different coils, but I can't figure out why? As far as the lift goes, I'm satisfied with the height, but I would like the heaftier Dana 44 up front.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
TTB springs are to stiff. DB1 had them for a while and they dont flex when used on a solid axle. Early bronco springs from wildhorses4x4 seem to be a popular spring. I am going to try some jeep XJ springs. Some say they are to soft but I plan on trying it anyway.

COB

Reaction score
City, State
KELOWNA B.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 RANGER
i have run ttb coils and they are too stiff
i just put james duff progessive coils in and havent tried them yet
i took out the 6.5" bds xj coils and they where nice and soft
ttb's 440pps
xj's 240pps
jd progressive 200-370pps

redranger4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Salem CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger XLT
i have a set of XJ 4.5 and ZJ 6" coils. Well see how well they end up working.