Coilover Conversion: RCD Brackets for Superlift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coilover Conversion: RCD Brackets for Superlift

integrax97

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well most of us know that its hard or impossible to get rcd brackets made up for us superlifted guys who want to swap to coil overs... Well I have a solution for you. One of the Moderators over at Ranger-Forums.com(shadow905) is making these brackets for our Superlifted Explorer/Mountaineer or Ranger. Also he is making the lateral braces for the lowered crossmember for extra stability just like the rcd kit offered in their kit. Here is a price guide for people who are interested:

Coilover Conversion Brackets:

RCO-101 - Lower Driver Coilover Bracket - $31.00(need one)
RCO-102 - Lower Passenger Coilover Bracket - $31.00(need one)
RCO-103 - Upper Coilover Bracket - $27.00(need two)
RCO-104 - Shock Tower Reinforcement Gusset - $1.00(need four)
RCO-105 - Coilover Bracket Spacer - $6.50(need two)

Support Bar Bracket Prices:
RSB-101 - Lower Support Bar Bracket - $25.00(need two)
RSB-102 - Upper Support Bar Bracket - $25.00(need two)

Support Bar Prices: (youll need two of whatever type of tubing you choose)
RSB-103 - 1-1/2" SCH40 Support Bar - $35.00
RSB-104 - 1-1/4" Sch40 Support Bar - $25.00
RSB-105 - 1.5" OD .120 Wall DOM Support Bar - $37.00
RSB-106 - 1.5" OD .25 Wall DOM Support Bar - $65.00

I will have pics up once he gets his camera working! If you have any questions or want to put in an order for some of these bad boys, please contact Jacob Myers at jmyers.svt@gmail.com

I personally have this Coil Over conversion done on my Ranger and I LOVE IT. (I have the true RCD brackets though) No more clearance issues with the Torsion Bars. Best money spent on the truck yet :)

Here is a few photos of my conversion if you are interested in seeing what im talking about:
P1010014.jpg

Look at all that Clearance :)
P1010026-1.jpg

The brackets in these pics are NOT the brackets being sold in this kit. The Brackets being made for you are custom but have the same deminsions as the RCD brackets. Please ask questions before buying. I would like everyone to be satisfied with their products.. Thank you

-Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey, that's not bad.. not bad at all..

if this showed up a few months ago i would've definitely bought a set and wouldve made mine a mall crawler :D (went with power adders instead and a deeper plan on rebuilding the whole thing as a DD/performer less looker..)

this is great specially since it is so hard to get the RCD components by themselves from the manufacturer..

Goodluck with the kit!:thumbsup:

Thank you sir

Well most of us know that its hard or impossible to get rcd brackets made up for us superlifted guys who want to swap to coil overs... Well I have a solution for you. One of the Moderators over at Ranger-Forums.com(shadow905) is making these brackets for our Superlifted Explorer/Mountaineer or Ranger. Also he is making the lateral braces for the lowered crossmember for extra stability just like the rcd kit offered in their kit. Here is a price guide for people who are interested:

Coilover Conversion Brackets:

RCO-101 - Lower Driver Coilover Bracket - $31.00(need one)
RCO-102 - Lower Passenger Coilover Bracket - $31.00(need one)
RCO-103 - Upper Coilover Bracket - $27.00(need two)
RCO-104 - Shock Tower Reinforcement Gusset - $1.00(need four)
RCO-105 - Coilover Bracket Spacer - $6.50(need two)

Support Bar Bracket Prices:
RSB-101 - Lower Support Bar Bracket - $25.00(need two)
RSB-102 - Upper Support Bar Bracket - $25.00(need two)

Support Bar Prices: (youll need two of whatever type of tubing you choose)
RSB-103 - 1-1/2" SCH40 Support Bar - $35.00
RSB-104 - 1-1/4" Sch40 Support Bar - $25.00
RSB-105 - 1.5" OD .120 Wall DOM Support Bar - $37.00
RSB-106 - 1.5" OD .25 Wall DOM Support Bar - $65.00

I will have pics up once he gets his camera working! If you have any questions or want to put in an order for some of these bad boys, please contact Jacob Myers at jmyers.svt@gmail.com

I personally have this Coil Over conversion done on my Ranger and I LOVE IT. (I have the true RCD brackets though) No more clearance issues with the Torsion Bars. Best money spent on the truck yet :)

Here is a few photos of my conversion if you are interested in seeing what im talking about:
P1010014.jpg

Look at all that Clearance :)
P1010026-1.jpg

The brackets in these pics are NOT the brackets being sold in this kit. The Brackets being made for you are custom but have the same deminsions as the RCD brackets. Please ask questions before buying. I would like everyone to be satisfied with their products.. Thank you

-Chris
has anyone heard from Mr. Myers as of late.. I'v wrote to him with no reply??

If Mr. Myers is integrax97 then I'm sorry you may be out of luck. As his profile says Last Activity: 11-19-2011 03:34 PM

I had emailed him last December or so when I was trying to get coilover brackets. I wound up getting them from ME00Stepside before he responded back. I'd actually like to get the LCA braces from him though. Maybe I'll try emailing him again when I have the money.

Does anyone know if you can get these parts still?

Does anyone know if you can get these parts still?

I'd like to know too. I just got a Sport Trac that came with a lift and I'd like to get rid of the torsion bars.

Back