• Register Today It's free!

Coilover conversion.

Hammer223

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer XLT 2004 ST
Does anyone know of or have the brackets or complete setup for a coilover conversion?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think RCD discontinued em, nit too sure on that. truetravel makes a long travelnkit that yiu convert to coils with, so thats also an option! iirc @RockRanger did a coil conversion on his 01 X, so perhaps he can share about how he did it!

Wish my welding skills were better

Bolton kit would be great what about front helper shocks I've been looking into that
Anybody have any thoughts

Wish my welding skills were better

Bolton kit would be great what about front helper shocks I've been looking into that
Anybody have any thoughts

I think I bought the front Timbren bump stops, I know I have the rears. I wasn't sure if the front could help given the tight space where the bump stops are. The coil over shocks look like the best option, but it does take some welding for the shock towers etc.

I burned my coilovers stuff in diy, also need to weld in some limit strap holders. Intimidating yes, but a mobile welder guy could be hired for that if you are scared

X2 On the North Peak Brackets. I have my kit but I haven't welded or converted my X yet.

had em in rear, they were great for days when i would carry stuff just pump em up and it levels the back out. now i run ranchos just cause they were cheaper

Back