Cold air but not blowing hard? Help Please!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold air but not blowing hard? Help Please!!!!

Bucktown_orl

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sport
Hi, I have a 1998 sport 2wd. My A/C is cold but doesnt blow very hard at all. I have searched this forum up and down but have not been able to find a similar issue. My air IS coming out of my front vents (I dont have the common problem of defroster air only) however the 2 side vents, passenger and driver hardly blow at all and the 2 center vents seem weak compared to other cars.

I know its november but I live in Orlando and its hot year round and would love to find the solution to this problem.

Is this a vacuum issue? Do I need a new blower motor? Relays?

Are all you other Explorer owners satisfied with the volume of air coming out of your vents?

Would disabling my rear air have any effect on the front air speed?

Please help, Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same problem with the heater? If it is, I would say that it either your blower motor or maybe the coil under the dash is clogged. I had a toyota that wouldn't blow hard at all. I ended up opening the dash and finding the coil was caked with dirt and dust. After cleaning it it was alot better.

Hope this helps.

Yeah the Heat is the same way. Where would the coil be located on my X? And how do I get to it?

I took the agonizing time to remove my dash as I though the heater core fins were clogged with sawdust from the mill I worked at and replaced the heater core to allow air flow. This still didnt solve my problem. It doesnt matter if I'm on A/C or heat, the fan barely blows but I can clearly hear the blower fan. Help me please, Northern Alberta winter is quickly approaching.

Back