• Register Today It's free!

cold air intake and exhaust

Mental_help2

Reaction score
City, State
Hazlehurst,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mercury mountaineer
ok i was wondering what is a good cold air intake kit for my mountaineer..i have found a bunch and i just wanna know witch one will work the best.

Also what do you think i should do with my exhaust..like i have had a couple ideas i want better gas mileage with it..and i was thinking that i should maybe git a cat back exhaust but thats a little pricey i mean i have the money for it but i just don't know if it is worth it and the "gitten place" is selling a couple of brand new cherry bomb glass packs for $5 a piece..so i don't know if i should just put a glass pack on there or git a whole cat back system..so any input on these subjects would be greatly appreciated thank you ahead of time for the input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I prefer the MAC cold air induction and also have sold several MAC cat-back kits for you application.

I too prefer the Mac intake.

A cat bacl is well worth it. I wouldn't hit a wild dog in the arse with a "Cherry Bomb" muffler.

Good luck ....

im gona say go with a mac intake, i have only heard good things about them. i run a volant intake though. i like it but it was quite pricey.
if you do get a mac intake then order it from james.
as for exhaust, a lot of guys run the flowmaster 50 SUV and like it a lot.
for sound clips go to youtube and type in aeaglenfitch and all of the videos with my truck in them, you can hear the 50 suv

im gona say go with a mac intake, i have only heard good things about them. i run a volant intake though. i like it but it was quite pricey.
if you do get a mac intake then order it from james.
as for exhaust, a lot of guys run the flowmaster 50 SUV and like it a lot.
for sound clips go to youtube and type in aeaglenfitch and all of the videos with my truck in them, you can hear the 50 suv

has it given you any better mpg and i think i will go with the mac..but who is james?

yes it improves mpg, by how much? i cant say. james is they guy who replied to your thread first.

Back