Cold Air intake on ebay....Good deal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air intake on ebay....Good deal?

jimcom

Elite Stocker
Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
One of my first forays into this arena.
Is this a good deal?
link----> ebay kit
I don't want a K&N system, cuz everyone and their second cousin has one. I was thinking Volant, but could only find one for 97-2000 rangers, none for an X, but it may be the same, i dunno.
I'm not too familiar with any of this but I figure a good air intake and chip would be a nice addtion to my explorer.
I am assuming that this one on ebay is just a POS like most stuff on ebay, but like I said I dunno, thats why I'm asking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply, wonder why they don't make a kit for a OHV engine? I don't know squat about the difference between the SOHC and the OHV.

There's a reason everbody and their 2nd cousin buys K&N, they're the best. But lots of people on here also like the KKM intake. Its a lot cheaper then the K&N (around $100 versus around $250) but you don't get a new intake tube with the KKM either.

Oh well from what I've heard the are K&N are great, I didn't mean to offend anyone with them but I was thinking I'd personally like to end up with an X that doesn't have the same K&N intake, 31" BFG's, etc, etc as everyone else. I guess I'm just looking in the wrong places, I've seen K&N, volant, KKM, anyone have something different?

Yeah I think I'm gonna go with the Volant that you linked to. What sold me was the carbon fiber lid. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to anything carbon fiber so that was right up my alley. Now I just have to look around for pricing. I wasn't expecting to pay almost 300 bucks but hey, if all it does is "look" better than the stock setup it'll be worth it.

try bestdarnparts.com they have the lowest prices on aftermarket accessories that i've seen online.

hmmmm, don't look like they carry volant stuff, just K&N, but they do have the EGR vent shirlds I been looking for. lol

Back