• Register Today It's free!

Cold air intake?

Sniperfox

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington NC area
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Sport Trac XLT V8 4X4
Does anyone make a good Cold air intake kit for a 2008 4.6 Sport Trac?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

K&N does but not sure how good it works.

I went to their website and they don't list anything for the 2008 V8 except the square filter and an oil filter.

Try this part number 77-2573KP it for a 07 Explorer 4.6L I think they are the same.

I just received an emailed reply from K&N and they advise that they do not make an intake kit for the 08 model "yet". Oh well.

They said the same thing to me about the drop in filter.

They said the same thing to me about the drop in filter.
The website lists a drop in filter for my 2008, but no intake kit......"yet".

There is a 77 series and a 63 series that fit perfectly.

The K&N items for the 07s should be the same. KKM also makes one. It's about $200 less, but it does not replace the whole intake tube. I plan to get the KKM. I had their intake on older (2nd gen) Explorers. It was highly regarded on here at the time, and you can't beat the price. KKM uses S&B filters -- which are just as good or better than K&N.

K & N for a 2008 Explorer fits the 08 ST

K&N told me the same thing, so I looked at a 08 Explorer and everything in the engine compartment is the same. Also checked the part numbers with Ford between the two vehicles. The intake numbers etc are all the same. So I ordered a K&N and sure enough it fit perfect. Works great and sound very nice under full throttle.

Gene

K&N Part number

Just looked up the part number 77-2573 this is the one with the chrome intake tube.

Gene 08 ST

That is encouraging to know. I'll look into it this weekend. Hey, if you get an opportunity, can you send me a pic of your's installed to greydog54@hotmail.com ?

Will do

I will send you pics of the K&N installation plus some of the truck, I have installed 20" Tires and Wheels, Megna Flow exhaust, mesh grill and a few other minor things.

Gene:eek:

By the way I paid $300 for the K&N intake system

I have teh same one as Andy ...trust me it works!!

DSC00086.gif

I have pics of all my stuff at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/Psycareyo Everything seems to mate perfectly together. Each component I added made a difference in power that I felt on the gas.

I think I'm done performance modding. In fact, I really can't think of anything else I want to do.

Why did you remove yours? Didn't you like it?

It wasn't very good friends with some of my other modifications.

Like what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back