Colindo94 front 3 link | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colindo94 front 3 link

I decided to sell the radius arms a few weeks ago and redesign the front suspension. I will be using the same steering, trackbar, coils, and front axle, but everything else went.

The links are all made of 2" OD 1.5" ID DOM tubing. The axle end have a 3" poly bushing from ballistic. The chassis end is a 2.63" flex joint from ballistic. All of the flex joints will be adjustable, but the bushings are welded streight to the link. I'm not a hundred 100% sure of the length of the links but they will be pretty long. the lower links are going to be longer then the upper link. and the upper link is going to be a drivers side upper link.

All bracketry is made of 1/4" steel. Some are from ballistic and ruffstuff, but most will be custom made.

I've been working on the 3 link calculater a little and hours of sitting under the truck with a measuring tape trying to plan. MAny research hours. And I can use all the help I can get.

Few pics of the start
SAS_2_001.jpg

SAS_2_002.jpg

SAS_2_005.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bulldog roll on bedliner, you can get it in colors

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yea Im in the design process.

Can someone give me a little help with wiring up all the rear lights. Brake, turn signals, reverse lights, ect... I'm a little confused

Can someone give me a little help with wiring up all the rear lights. Brake, turn signals, reverse lights, ect... I'm a little confused
What exactly do you need? And for which vehicle? I have a Haines guide for my 1994 Explorer, that has very good wiring diagrams.

94 ford explorer. I just need a good diagram to point me in the right direction.

Cant you break out a voltmeter / noid light and have someone operate the turn signal / break lights while you check for which wire goes hot?

I could do that, but I plan to run all new wires to the back to get rid of unneeded wiring. I guess I just need a little direction for wiring up rear brake lights and everything else.

I could do that, but I plan to run all new wires to the back to get rid of unneeded wiring. I guess I just need a little direction for wiring up rear brake lights and everything else.
I guess a wiring diagram won't do any good if you rip all the wires out. You could just run them off of the fuse block. I never really thought about starting over with wiring on an Explorer.

i can prob come by. i have he ford tecmanuals. and i wan2 see your rig lol

Wuh-eyre have the Ostman brudders gone?

Hey Sorry guys. Ive been really busy with school. Finally getting to the heart of architecture school. That means no spair time for the truck. Im thinking about putting this up for sale. I could use the cash. So if anyone wants it for parts or to finish up, ill let it go for $3000. Even if you were to be building your explorer and wanted to use these parts this would be an incredible deal.
tires and beadlocks
doubler and driveshafts
Axles with 5.13's and the rear locker all rebuilt and ready for wheelin
links and all joints
spair tire and wheel
4.0 engine and tranny
and the list of parts go on and on

Tell me if your interested. I don't have the time for parting out so please don't even ask.

Very Sad day:(

This is a very sad day indeed. However life moves on. Hope all goes well

that thing would be so sick ! , wish i had the money and lived in CALI ,

Yea i may just let it sit for a bit. I have like 4 years of school still and it not going to get any less busy so I figure it might just be worth it to sell it and start a new project when the time permits. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Back