• Register Today It's free!

Collie Raddie 2011?

Happy Jack

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
So, them altie tudes get to me. I cain't hardly move ifin I'm at 10-12 thousand ft. fer very long.

So's I been thinin bout leavin on thursday an drivin out to Canon City. Used ta be the American Inn haded rooms fer $29 a night an were nice an clean. Then git up friday and drive up to Nathrop an up to do Mt. Antero (85 miles from Canon City to the trail head-2 hours). After doing Antero back down to Nathrop then on up to Buena Vista and maybe git a cabin ur 3 fer folks ta share. Cabins have kitchens and 1,2, or 3 bed rooms. Thunder Lodge is what I was thinkin. They have sofa sleepers for little ones. I'd kick in 1/2 on a 2 bed room for a room for me. Or 1/3 on a 3 bedroom. Then git up Saturday and go on up an over Williams Pass. Back to the cabin saturday night. Then sunday git up early and load up and go on up Iron Chest. Then back down to Canon City fer nother $29 room. Then home on Monday.

Whatdayathink? Bring the womin folk and youngins along an they can hang out in town saturday ifin they'd rather. Ur if ya have an open seat I'll kick in on fuel and we kin share a cabin. I don't care much bout drivin I just want ta see an map them trails. Ifin I take Jr. I might even have an extree seat.

I'm kinda low end on stuff an thar is a Wendy's just 1/2 block west of the American Inn. But there are fine places to eat in Canon City (ur useded ta be) ifin folks want.

Haft ta do this in August as that thar is the onlyist time Williams is open. If gas prices continue to go up reservations won't be as much of a problem. Ifin fuel goes down a bit we'll need ta git ur locked in fore summer.

I'm out-- but would sure like to go!

Back