Collision warning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Collision warning

rellyrooly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited 4WD 302A
Hello-

After playing with my new Limited, I think I have it pretty much figured out but I can't tell if my collision warning system is working. We had a very near miss today and nothing happened. I have also tested (carefully) and I can't get it to go off. I have adjusted the intensity to high but still nothing. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should be working otherwise it will tell you if it's not, or it should anyways. Ours always goes off on stuff when it shouldn't. Also if your foot is already on the brake, even just a little, it won't go off.

Hello-

After playing with my new Limited, I think I have it pretty much figured out but I can't tell if my collision warning system is working. We had a very near miss today and nothing happened. I have also tested (carefully) and I can't get it to go off. I have adjusted the intensity to high but still nothing. Any ideas?
Since it is hard to tell what your 'near miss' was, it is difficult to say if the alarm should have sounded. I find that mine normally goes off when following a vehicle getting ready to make a right turn. Since I figure it will have turned before I get there, I don't touch the brakes and then when I close in on the vehicle, the alarm sounds and light flashes. I still get startled by that on occasion. :eek:
The row of red lights on the top of the dash should come on if you press the Start button twice without your foot on the brake. They should also come on when you start the vehicle. This I believe is an indication that the system is functional.

Peter

It should be working otherwise it will tell you if it's not, or it should anyways. Ours always goes off on stuff when it shouldn't. Also if your foot is already on the brake, even just a little, it won't go off.

I agree with the second part of this, if approaching a vehicle from behind (turning or not) while not on the brakes, it should go off. Like Peter said as well, still scares me when you're not expecting it.

Hello-

Hi rellyrooly,

It sounds like a visit to your dealership would be helpful. They'll be happy to determine if your vehicle is operating normally or not. Touch base with me when you hear back from them; if you need my assistance, I'm just a few clicks away.

Crystal

It finally went off! you're right, it scares the S&%t out of you when it does! It was strange though; it went off when I didn't expect it to. I went off when the guy in front of me moved over to the right lane and he slowed a bit but I didn't. I am glad to see it works but it seems like it still should have worked in some other situations that it didn't. Oh well, I know it works now. Thanks for all the info!

Did it not got off before because you possibly already had the brakes applied?

Back