• Register Today It's free!

Color Changing Headlights

95ExploderUSMC

Reaction score
City, State
Denver Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
So I've tried looking for some awesome headlights, I always come across the halo projectors and RGB color changing pods and what not but never any options for color changing headlights, I see em on badass 2nd Gen Cummins and I want to do it to my Explorer, anyone have any good links to places I could possibly get something like it? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never seen them.

Would that be legal?

I wouldn't thinks I know in TX they would not be.

Any headlight that displays a color other than white is technically illegal in any state. Hid color variations are the only thing you'll get away with. Do others a favor and stick with conventional lighting.

I doubt it's legal in any of the 50 states.

There are lots of other mods I could think of before colorful headlights!

You have to be the one who decides how to spend your hard earned $$$.

I guess if you went full custom and wanted to do shows, you could figure out a way to do this. BUT, I would think that it would have to have some type of interlock circuit that would immediately change the headlights to white whenever the vehicle was put in drive.
You probably REALLY have to want to do this to spend the time and $$ to figure it out.

PS: Intel, that's a good lookin' hound you got there.

Just my 2 cents, there are much better things you could spend money on just get a good set of LED head lights or engine mods gear changes ect.

You could do this mod but then you'd have to change your fuel system over to 110 octane rice.

Only way i know of takes a while and i've only done it on a fairly new chevy silverado with aftermarket lights.

but check out ledconcepts.com

thats where my friend got his, its just the halos and you have to disassemble the headlight assembly its self inorder to do it

Back