Color Options | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Color Options

Once the body work is finished i need to figure out if I should stay with the same EL YY colors... Strawberry Red and the off white color or if i should change ot another color...possibly a solid color for the entire vehicle. I have the Red interior though. Anyone seen an exterior color that matched well with the red?

Thanks

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Reds are not very versitle.
You pretty much need to stay with red or some variation there of. Maybe a candy apple or something would liven things up a bit.

Keep in mind any color chance will be noticable on your door jambs. Unless you spring for painting them too. With you in the middle of a door swap that helps but it still will increase the cost.

4x4Hunter

Reaction score
City, State
Watertown, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Costs

I'm not really worried about the costs. I get the paint at good discount, Sherwin-Williams employee disc. and the painter is a friend of mine, so a case of beer is good for all

Thanks for the suggestions. How about Black?

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I LOVE black. But it is very high maintainace.
Your body work needs to be perfect.

But when black is clean, shiny and straight NOTHING looks better.

have2goski

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie
i would say black would be ideal also if you could pull it off. problem willbe making sure the body work is all really smooth in order to get a good finish.

I think if you went black maybe consider painting some of the interior trim peices to pull the black into the vehicle some more. I know there are people on here that have painted plastic peices here and there. and like said above the complete color change would necessitate addressing the door jams