Colorado Colors Run 09 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do wish this was a firm destination, and see no reason why it isn't Ouray again.

Moab is every year, same place.

Ouray has also been the tradition I thought.

Sheri and I vote for Ouray also. Unless you guys are wanting to do harder stuff and keep us little guys out of it. :monkey:

Dang, And I just installed transmission coolers and 2--10" trans fans just for this--:hammer::hammer:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I am pretty sure that the CCR run will be in Ouray on labor day weekend as it has been for years...

...Just a wild thought though...Maybe this could be a 2 weekend event to include the weekend before or after labor day..:dunno:

...:bounce:..This would be a whole week and 2 weekends since people are coming from 1000's of miles away...an Explorer/Ranger Jamboree of sorts...This would let others participate too who cannot make it on Labor day itself...

...I know I would like to spend more than 4-5 days out there given the chance...

Just FYI:
CCR99: Salida
CCR2000: Ouray
CCR2001: Silverthorne
CCR02: Leadville
CCR03: Ouray
CCR04: Salida (Epic!)
CCR05: Leadville
CCR06: Salida
CCR07: Ouray
CCR08: Ouray

Click on the underlined CCRs for either a trip report or just pictures

It really doesnt matter to me, there are still trails in the Ouray area I have not done/completed. This will be the 10th anniversary of the run and the first one was held in Salida so I would be up for that too, there are a few trails south of town that I have not done yet. I absolutely love the trails in Leadville so that is fine with me too. And of course the Silverthorne area was fun and has only been done once in the previous 9 years.

Im gonna try hard to get that weekend. Gonna be tuff though.

Salida was a blast! I wouldnt mind going there if i can make it. Just no pizza hut

I would really like to run Black Bear, as I did not run in it 2000.

I like the 2-weekend idea, except I'll be driving there the weekend before.

I'll look through my map books this weekend, and come up with a tentative plan that I would like to do for the week - see what you guys think about it, and we can plan from there.

What does everyone think - the week before and including Labor Day weekend, or Labor Day weekend and the week after? I can do either.

...It might be cool to do the weekend before and the Labor day run could be the big hoorah...

Weekend before is what I have been planning - but if need be, I can change my plans.

I've been looking at my guidebooks, and am thinking about Ouray and the surrounding area for the main event. Perhaps a day or two around Leadville earlier in the week.

Thoughts?

Weekend before is what I have been planning - but if need be, I can change my plans.

I've been looking at my guidebooks, and am thinking about Ouray and the surrounding area for the main event. Perhaps a day or two around Leadville earlier in the week.

Thoughts?

I have been pumped about going to Ouray and getting on Black Bear pass since I found out about it last September. I actually started the ball rolling ever since then. This trip is THE main reason I have done everything to my Rig. The last 2 wheeling meets were testing grounds for my rig. I have almost got it where I want it for this trip. I have a Family member that has been serving overseas for years, and I have not been able to spend any time with him. We live in different states. He is going to meet me in Ouray, to do some "catching up" with me. Now we are both very excited about driving on Black Bear pass, feeling like this is one of those "Once in a lifetime" trips for us. It has been over 15 Yrs since I have been able to spend any time with my Favorite Uncle. We both had a loss in the family a few months ago, and figured this would be the perfect way to talk about this. I really dont care where else we go, but if we can get to Ouray, and do Black Bear Pass, that would be Beautiful.

I have been following this thread since day one, and have not committed to it yet because I just couldn't tell where everyone was going till recently.

If Ouray is in the forecast, we are In.

:salute:

We live within an hour of Silverthorne and Leadville...cool by us. We might even be able to jump on a couple of the runs in the middle of the week ( I have no vacation days left for this year ) if I can sneek away from work.

I have been pumped about going to Ouray and getting on Black Bear pass since I found out about it last September.

:salute:

Sounds good to me!

Tentative plan:

Arrive Sunday night August 30 or Monday lunch-time in Leadville (depending on what time I hit the road on Saturday.) Stay in Leadville Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 4 wheeling & exploring. Thursday, head to Ouray via Salida for more exploring. Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Ouray, Telluride, etc. for the CCR 2009!

I can't wait! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Wheeler lake or Chinamens or Holy Cross the other weekend? I am down with black bear too- I will be down for one or the other only. I can't do a whole week.

Let me see what else is going. I have already put in my vacation for this up coming year. Xmas in FL. I would be game for a Sat run any weekend as I am always off Sat.

Chinamans, Jenny creek, twin cone, red cone are trails I would be game for.

Tim

I cant make memorial weekend. Ill watch this and if it changes i should be able to go.

Let me see what else is going. I have already put in my vacation for this up coming year. Xmas in FL. I would be game for a Sat run any weekend as I am always off Sat.

Chinamans, Jenny creek, twin cone, red cone are trails I would be game for.

Tim

Wheeler, chinamens and Holy Cross are close to the Leadville area. Thats why I was thinking those trails.

I might be in for this trip, but just found out about it and need to do my homework on it.
I will stay in touch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have always wanted to do Holy Cross, i continually hear it is the best trail in the state... Black Bear pass = heck yeah! Red Cone and other shelf roads we could leave out... the wife would have to walk we dont like shelf roads :)

Either way we are planning to be there for a day or two if we can get a sitter, this may be the first night away from our new son = YIKES, not sure if we can bring him yet or not?? gotta ask, no back seat in the BII so it would be the FJ and the Rzr?? hmmm... baby is really making wheeling tough! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back