Colorado Colors Run 09 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Marshall, did you watch that video in post #95???...The switchback at about 9:20 is the one you dropped your drivers side tire off of..:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! I watched that video! That last switchback looks like a killer! I don't see how Marshall's full width made it. Man, I'm sorry I missed it last year. This year we will hopefully (if the doc says ok) make it better prepared.

I really would like to go do the black bear run, depends on the dates. Is there a tenative date for black bear yet?

I really would like to go do the black bear run, depends on the dates. Is there a tenative date for black bear yet?

Ideally, Saturday the 5th. That leaves Sunday open in case there is bad weather on Saturday.

I am assuming not everyone will be there on Friday.

Yep, I couldn't be there until Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday would be best for us.

We will be there on Tuesday, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, leave on Mon (Labor Day). :)

If anyone is going to be there As early as we will be, please let me know! We would love to hook up and tag along, seriously!

here's another to add to the list :thumbsup:. i'd be game for any of those places, though ouray seems like the majority at this point

We will be there on Tuesday, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, leave on Mon (Labor Day). :)

If anyone is going to be there As early as we will be, please let me know! We would love to hook up and tag along, seriously!

Look a couple of pages back (post #73) - I will be in Leadville on Mon, Tue and Wed. Thursday, head to Ouray via Salida for some sightseeing. Fri through Sun in Ouray.

Should be fun!

Look a couple of pages back (post #73) - I will be in Leadville on Mon, Tue and Wed. Thursday, head to Ouray via Salida for some sightseeing. Fri through Sun in Ouray.

Should be fun!

I thought someone was going to be there early. :D
Having someone else with us was our main worry. Having someone that knows the area is terrific! Major plus!:thumbsup: Scott, what are your overnight plans?

Our plan is to take it easy on my rig a bit. We have been tossing around an idea to rent a rig for everything but Ouray. Starting out in Leadville, I am wondering if this is possible. I know we can rent a rig in Ouray, but I don't know if it is possible to do this elsewhere. I have some researching to do still.

We are traveling from different states on Mon, and meeting up that night. So, we need to figure out where to meet up, and what to do from there. Camping? Motels? Food? This is the first time in CO,for both of us.

If the rental can't be done, we will just have to take it easy on my rig. 6 days of wheeling will have me wrenching and replacing parts on the trails. I am not afraid of this, just not excited about it.:rolleyes:

that was the spot great vid, however the go hummer, please if it was an H1 or even H2 I would be impressed but until you run it full width you have no idea try 87" then you you can say something about your turns lol! like I said Ouray will be in the ranger!!!!!

I plan on not going too extreme, either. I have to drive back to Georgia - 1600 miles!

I think it's time to create the official CCR 2009 thread, so we know who is going and when they will be there.

The big question is, who wants to start the thread, and organize the run?

...To be honest, I really can't make set plan's that far ahead right now..:dunno:

Damn, you edit fast!

Here's what my notification said you said:

...I understand that your Ranger is probably getting really old, and slow, and tired by now...That's ok, Marshall and I will represent...:p:

...To be honest, I really can't make set plan's that far ahead right now..:dunno:

...:shifty_ey ..I don't have a clue about what you are talking about Willis...:D

Let me know if you are interested in that axle. If so, I won't need to know if you are going until the last minute, so I can load it in the truck.

...:shifty_ey ..I don't have a clue about what you are talking about Willis...:D

Yeah, right.... :mad:

I was going to rag on you, but then I got to thinking - were you talking about my truck or me? Unfortunately, either fits. :(

But my new truck is shiny and fast :) so all's OK!!!!

Ideally, Saturday the 5th. That leaves Sunday open in case there is bad weather on Saturday.

I am assuming not everyone will be there on Friday.

I'm going to be hunting in utah late august-early sept, but might make a side trip to do this run saturday or sunday. Depends how early I tag out. Besides, Ouray's on the way home from Utah to Arizona right!;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, we have our Rig rental figured out, and our campsite reserved at the Koa in Ouray. We will be heading to Leadville on Tuesday Morning from Ouray. We will be driving a rental on Tue, Wed, Thur. Then on Friday hell will be unleashed in the form of The Black Hole..lol !!

.456 gears will be installed by then, exhaust will be changed again, and hopefully the rear tire carrier installed by then. Other than that, some minor parts will be replaced.
Working on some shock skids, front skid, and a different hitch. The hitch just might have to come off for this trip, and rear tow points installed.

Who is going to be the responsible organizer for this trip?

Dont look at me...hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back