Colorado Colors Run 2010 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2010

Where should CCR10 be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As much as I regret to say it, I can't make it this year :( My son can't get off from work, and the other person who was splitting the funding, cant get off from work either. Without the help of those two, I just can't afford it. The rig has sucked up too much funds this summer, to be able to save enough for a solo excursion. Sorry guys, this is such an amazing trip, it tears at me to miss it. Hopefully the economy picks up more and bizz is back to par soon.

put me in as Maybe too brian I need to talk to shandell some as now $$ wil be a little tighter! Baby #2 is on the way not due until march but still need to start saving!

You guys are going to have a GREAT time. We just got back a couple of weeks ago. The town is in GREAT spirits (think Billy Goat Gruff's Biergarten).

The Irish (maybe not Irish, it all kind of runs together in my pea brain) place on the corner even has Eggs Benedict for brunch if you want to spend a day in town.

Y'all be safe and be sure to post up pics. We've already made our reservations for next year. I would love to join you in the fall, but my work schedule (school district) pretty much prohibits any vacation time in September.

Oh I remember now, it was something about Nugget for eggs Benedict, the Irish place had the Irish Egg Rolls... YUMMY!

put me in as Maybe too brian I need to talk to shandell some as now $$ wil be a little tighter! Baby #2 is on the way not due until march but still need to start saving!

...No need on saving...Baby #2 can get the hand me down crawler projects...:p:

...Congrats to you both on #2...

...I am out of this run unless my money tree starts growing..:popcorn:

I'm still a maybe. Depends on if I have something to do between this and a mid sept. AZ trip. I just can't afford to drive out twice.

Do you have a schedule of trails for each day yet? Like as not I'd just camp on the next days trail and just wait for folks to show up.

No real schedule, just what everyone is in the mood for. I would like to do Minnie and Maggie Gulches, I havent done those in years and I still want to get up to the Tram Tower at the beginning of Stony Pass. Maybe Hurricane & California Pass/gulch.

Im kind of tired of running Black Bear and Imogene but I know this will be the first time UncleMike is driving in the area so if he wants to then I will lead the way.

Edit: I've always had the urge to see how many trails I could run in one day. I figure without stoping I could do Engineer, Cinnamon, California, Huricane, Black Bear and Imogene before the sun went down. :burnout:

Like your ideas Brian, espically (sp) on how many trails to do in one day, if you don't want to do Black Bear and Imogene, I plan on being there Tuesday night and can do those before the CCr starts, I'm sure there will be other rigs on the trails I can jump in with. Everything is looking favorable at this point, except my son's orders were changed and he is re-deploying early so he is not gonna be able to make it, he is only getting a 96 hour pass instead of leave. I JUST WANT TO WHEEL!!!!!
Happyjack, I have the same campsite I had last year at the KOA, there is plenty of room there, no sense sleeping on the trails like a 49'er from the mid 1800's. It will hold two tents easy, and if you don't have a tent I have a large tent. (tho not a portable Taj Mahal like Gregg's)

I'm not a big campground guy. I have a bad leg and hate to walk. Much easier for me to find a place up on the trail and a fire ring I can park by. Set my tent up near my truck. In a campground I have to walk to the bathroom or arrange stuff so I can drive up there. Much easier to water something a few feet away. And I sleep much better away from town noise. No cars or trucks and lights.

If I can make it, I'll be looking for something to do on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday if anyone is around. I might just make the last half of this (Sun-Mon). Depends on when I can get away. Hate to leave early then get word my south trip was cancelled when I'm out there.

Everything is looking favorable at this point, except my son's orders were changed and he is re-deploying early so he is not gonna be able to make it, he is only getting a 96 hour pass instead of leave. I JUST WANT TO WHEEL!!!!!

Sorry to hear the boy can't make it Mike. :(
Wish I could go, but the stars have been out of alignment for the entire year.

unclemike said:
if you don't have a tent I have a large tent. (tho not a portable Taj Mahal like Gregg's)

My tent is a portable Condo. :D

I'm still a mabey. I want to go, but I'm not sure if my truck will be ready by then.

Brian. Back when Gerald did the Herc tour he and I ran Engineer to Poughkeepsie Gulch. Poughkeepsie to California. California to Anamas Forks. Had lunch in Anamas then ran Ciniman to Lake City and Engineer back to Ouray, all in one day. That was a long day (I think it was 9+ hours on the dirt) and we hauled ass the whole way, hardly stoping for any of the sights.

We're a maybe...checking the money tree. Looks like $200 just for fuel...$100 for KOA campsite (Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights) and $200 for "extras". Will be bringing our tent trailer.

Still need to replace that timing cover gasket, replace the overdrive unit in the trans (sloppy were it the input splines into the od planet), remove the front diff and "lincoln locker" w/ the Warn manual hubs, and then replace the stock tires with the 33s...

Looks like my next two weekends are full....oh yeah. I forgot about the custom front and rear bumpers for the new winch the wife bought me for my b-day.

How many we takin with us? Looks like 4?

How do you guys talk on the trail? CB, FRS/GMRS, other? What channel do you use? I have a CB and 3 GMRS radios.

Any idea on a schedule yet?

We typically use CB. Channel depends on which one is open as there are typically several other groups in the area at the same time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My BII had some rear end noise a few days ago and I checked the diff pluid and it was low. Not a good sign for the few thousand miles the truck has on it. My X's over heating is getting better. but still not there. Coolant level droped some and I put die in it to see if I can find a leak. If I get that solved I'll drive it. If not I may just keep an eye on the diff fluid and head that way with the BII.

What days are folks planning to be in the area? When are folks leaving? Anyone gonna stay over?

Back