Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

Scott B.

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT
It is time to start thinking about a Colorado Colors Run this year. Let's try to make this year's run as memorable as CCR 2000!

Dates: August 31 - September 2, 2013

Participants
Scott B.
2TimingTom
bronchole
Brian1
Happy Jack
MickeySpiers
reapereviltwin
easymc

Interested
gmanpaint
crazyflights
num5golden
05dakotatrac
mrboyle
Turdle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interested.

But, isn't Labor Day a bit early to see any colors? I know it's a convenient weekend for time off work. But maybe it's not so much about the colors as it is about the 4wheeling and get together.

..I doubt I will make it and never know till the last minute but put me down as a maybe..:D

Down as a maybe as well. :)

Edit: Already looking grim. Checked with the better half, and she said she will have 4 diff classes going on next fall. That's 50 hours/week dedicated to school for her. :(

I am going to do my best to make this one. I will be in Colorado the first of August for another deal in the Buena Vista area. But when ever this one happens I intend to make it. Of course there are no absolutes but put me down as a for sure.

For places, I am really open. Closest to me would be Medano and Phantom Canon. Next would be the Buena Vista, or Breckenridge, or Jefferson area (Redcone, Webster, Middle Fork Swan, ect...). I haven't been up just west of Denver for a long time. Saxton area.

I'm not sure I will be able to primitive camp at 10,000 ft. but I'll make it work if I'm still on my feet and movin.

I haven't done Pearl, Taylor, or Schofield in a bunch or years either.

Maybe- very interested.

I'm interested too. I've always wanted to go to An explore outing but have never lived close enough to go to 1. I'm in Fort Collins Colorado now I'm down for anything relatively close Beuni would be about as far as I would want to drive My X. another idea is Estes Park, I've Heard theres a big loop There, Around A 3 out of 10 difficulty rating. but I dont know I'm new to this but now that I have my ex built I'm ready to play. My newly built X

There are plenty of routes to choose from.

Check out this site:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

It's not all the trails in the state, but probably the majority. I've run a fraction of these so far- but I keep checking them off as I go.

I'll sign up as a maybe, haven't done a Colors run in a few years so I'm due.

I will start a new job soon if things work out. I will still do all I can to make it, but may not be able to get the time off. If I get the job I want, I will have holidays off and can drive out on a Friday and back on a Monday. If not on a holiday weekend it will have to be in the east part of Colorado for me to drive out Friday afternoon/evening then back on Sunday afternoon/evening. Course if I end up with a different job then things will change.

ill be back state side by then and in the black hills area so a trip to colorado might be doable around that time

Color run 2013 is going to start in sacramento soon and I am going to participate with my family. I like this event and really too exited.

This isn't the type of color run you are participating in. This is (was) an annual off road vehicle run we do in the fall in Colorado to celebrate the color changing of the trees in anticipation of winter. It was origionally held during the actual color season, but due to the dificulty of getting time off, we generally do it on Labor day weekend, which typically falls before the colors fully change. We still call it the color run out of tradition.

As for me, I'll know more when the time comes. It all depends on how work goes for me this summer.

Hate we are going to miss this, maybe we can participate next year...we'll be in Colorado and Utah July 21-Aug 1st, trying to see what a Gen 3 can do (carefully) and still be driven home.

dang looks like the majority of the crew going is in expo's im might be at a disadvantage being in a trac sitting only 3" taller than stock.

the runs you guys do... are they something i can get through or is it more than a trac can do?

dang looks like the majority of the crew going is in expo's im might be at a disadvantage being in a trac sitting only 3" taller than stock.

the runs you guys do... are they something i can get through or is it more than a trac can do?

You'll be fine. The wheeling on this trip is usually not hard-core.

Remember - it is 80% driver and only 20% vehicle.

theluke19 has 33s with a 3" body lift on his trac and hasn't had any issues on the trails we've done together.

What's the plan in terms of sleeping? Camping at a campground or trail side or hotels?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most have camped at the KOA in Ouray on this trip, but there is always a few that grab a room at one of the areas hotel/motels. If I make it this year, it will be a room or a cabin for me. Last time I went I camped. Way to much work for me these days. Besides, I don't have to worry about being ransacked by black bears in my sleep, at a hotel! LOL!

Back