• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Get Together

FlyBoyCoe

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
What a better way to greet the transition between Colorado's only two seasons (Summer and Winter) than with a little meet-n-greet?

Well, really it would be an excuse to get together eat some food, drink some beer, meet some new faces, and look at our trucks.

It's just an idea for now, but I would not mind planning it if there is enough interest. I'm currently thinking either Nov 10 (soon) or Nov 24, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I'm leaning toward the 24th because most people will have that day off anyway, and it would allow more time to plan and spread the word.

Anywho, I'm just looking for an interest count for now.

*When/Where would you like to meet?

*Daytime picnic BBQ, or Evening Bar/Grill type event?

*Just a get together, or maybe a day trail, too? (snow wheeling anyone?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the seasons where construction and idiot driving.

Depending on the weather I would be willing to head down. Saturday is the best for me as I have it off. Any type of event would be good for me, but not into drinking.

Tim

id be game, long as it isnt too far of a commute (i.e. pueblo).

I would be down, We just need to decide on what the plan is...Meet Up at some establishment and eat, meet up at somebodys place, or at a park/trail

Either date would work I think, but the 24th would be alot easier here since work does two week schudule..

Okay, sounds like the 24th is the winner as far as the date is concerned. So the only question is...

What do you guys/gals want to do? Just sit around and socialize, or go for a trail ride, mini-car show??? There are many possibilities.

I would just like to meet some people so I don't care how..... but does anybody have an RTI ramp in Colorado cause if you do and you plan on meeting up, that should be brought cause I would love to test my flex even with the IFS

i say it depends on where people are. theres some cool places in monument (dead center of the state) to drive to. stocker capeable but places for the SAS people to show off. and places to bbq and such. then places up here like up the poudre canyon are pretty cool. but it would be senseless if theres a bunch of street rides here. so lets get the word out and see:thumbsup:

Hmm.. you might be competing with me skiing/snowboarding at Keystone/Breck on those days ;)

I'm probably doing Thanksgiving with a friend's family in Boulder so I'll be close to Denver if y'all wanna meet up

EDIT:

Jeff, looks like y'all are out of classes starting 11/20, wanna head up to Keystone on Tuesday/Wednesday 11/20, 11/21? We could camp somewhere in Dillion or just sleep in the back of the trucks

Hmm.. you might be competing with me skiing/snowboarding at Keystone/Breck on those days ;)

I'm probably doing Thanksgiving with a friend's family in Boulder so I'll be close to Denver if y'all wanna meet up

I am perfectly willing to take the Colorado Meet-n-Greet up to Keystone :D Haha, a little EF snow sports weekend. That is only if everybody else wants to. I just figure us Colorado people don't get together enough just to hang out. The 24th is nice because most everybody has it off. And maybe I'm anxious to take the truck out again and go play...

I can see the group photo now... :exp::exporange:yelexp::roll::navajo:

Jeff, looks like y'all are out of classes starting 11/20, wanna head up to Keystone on Tuesday/Wednesday 11/20, 11/21? We could camp somewhere in Dillion or just sleep in the back of the trucks

Yeah, I'm not sure what time we're getting released that Tuesday (I would guess around 3 pm) But I am down for some boarding/camping/picking up snow bunnies. I'll give you a shout when I get some more details. And how do you know my class schedule??

:shifty_eywow...I never knew what it was like to have a stalker until now.:shifty_ey

sweet just saw this post... i'd be up for meetin somewhere. and certainly sometime a snowboard/ski adventure should be done for sure!!! i've got my pass and am ready to rock :D

i'm driving back to the good ol midwest for t-giving, but will be around the weekend before that. otherwise i don't really care, it would be cool to meet you all!

oh good call, thats when the boarding is good up there. im keeping my eye on this, and pretty much down for whatever.

:shifty_eywow...I never knew what it was like to have a stalker until now.:shifty_ey

Ha, don't flatter yourself - I'm just looking for people to ride with :p:

Right as I was about to post I thought to myself

"CSU has the whole week off, I wonder if Air Force has that week off?"

Unfortunately, I'll pry be only game for meets that are somewhat close to Fort Collins.

I should have stopped by nssj2's body lift fun, but I was kinda beat after working 11 hours on Monday...

Someday I'll meet Hokie at Sliders or Pitchers for some beers...

Unfortunately, I'll pry be only game for meets that are somewhat close to Fort Collins...

If you are worried about drivng that far, I would be more then willing to offer my passanger seat up to you...I am sure that if somebody else from up here was going to meet down there, they wouldn't mind either but keep that in mind if you want to go and it is metro-area

Are there any takers from Southern Colorado, or on the Western Slope? It looks like so far we have a northern front range crowd building up.

EDIT: Just posted in the Planning/Discussion forums to get more people in who haven't been looking on the Colorado Contingent board.

Good call on a meet up Jeff! :thumbsup: I haven't boarded outside CA. in about 11.7 years do to $$... and if I did I'd probably kill myself (which would... hopefully bum my wife out ) but I'd be up for whatever within a reasonable distance (73 miles or so :D ). I'd prefer just a meet and greet as my truck's not really set up for winter wheelin' but maybe we could meet for lunch and look over rigs ?

The 24th should be cool for me for a couple hours.

Another problem with the 24th is that is the last VT football game and we're playing our instate rivalry, University of Virginia on the road, which is my hometown ~ my parents have season tickets and will be at the game

Y'all will have to contend with a cranky Hokie (no Doug, I'm referring to a Hokie football fan, not myself in 3rd person) if I'm unable to be near a tv that has the game on.... maybe meet 'n greet at a sports bar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll talk to the boss and make up some excuse that I'm out of town that Saturday.

I suck at boarding, but I'm game to head up!!!

Back