Colorado Get Together | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Get Together

theres a damn good sports bar up in northern denver, little shy of thornton if memory serves me right. ill get the name tomorrow when i can bug my buddie for it. think thats splitting the difference as good as it gets.

Any word on that place?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, nothin. just remember they had wings that would rival hooters (waitstaff aside, of course) lol. any word on days yet?

Could it have been buffalo wild wings? IDK why but I am always fond of that place...they have many tvs up and around so we can watch the games...and they also have little handheld remote deals that you can use to play poker and other games on the tv's

Buffalo Wild Wings is a great choice. So much so that, until somebody gives me a good reason not to, I'm going to say that we meet up there. They have a location in Longmont that I think would be a good middle ground for everybody. They have plenty of food options other than wings (which really are amazing). The atmosphere is great, too, just like Sparky said.

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/a...E&DISTANCE=4&client=bww&template=moreinfo_new

I think we're all decided on the 24th. Let's say we try to meet up at 1pm. Any objections?

If you guys ever had Jim's Wings in Fort Collins, then the meet would be there. Hopefully Hokie has been there, or if not, he better after reading this :D

I have always wondered about the Pumphouse Brewery, http://www.pumphousebrewery.com/ , in Longmont. I usually hit TGI Fridays when the g/f and I goto Longmont.

Not sure of my plans that weekend. I'll try to keep the plan in mind though :thumbsup:

Mmmm... I love B-Dubs

Anybody down for a little Blazin' wing eating competition? ;)

I think we're all decided on the 24th. Let's say we try to meet up at 1pm. Any objections?

My availability will be determined by the kickoff time of the VT-UVA game, which is TBD at this point. 1PM should work well as the game will hopefully be a 3:30 PM (EST) kickoff

Is this an Explorer's only event? I know a Hokie in Longmont and then another down in Superior that would probably like to come to watch the game, eat wings & drink beer at B-Dubs

Would it be better to meet at a place that is along I-25...?

(not that I am shunning BWW... that is some pretty good eats)

I'm still very much open to suggestions. Do you know of a good place off I-25?

If you guys ever had Jim's Wings in Fort Collins, then the meet would be there. Hopefully Hokie has been there, or if not, he better after reading this :D

Several times - they have great wing/beer deals on Monday nights :thumbsup:

What are the Monday specials?

Once in a while when my g/f and I go there, we get the $14.99 (?) wings, fries, and pitcher of beer special. She does not like beer, so I get to guzzle the beer before it gets warm
anim_drunk.gif

What are the Monday specials?

Honestly, I'm not sure. $0.20/wings? We go on Monday's b/c thats when everyone says they have the good deals.... its always packed

I give the man money and get greasy and alcoholic goodness.

Jim's wings rocks my socks...lol

I'm down for a little wing eating competion...never done it with their blazin though :fire:

The pumphouse is a pretty cool place...special when there is like parades or other events on mainstreet and you can go up on the top balcony of the pumphouse and just watch it all, but not be packed like sardins with everyone else on the street

BWW @ 1pm works good for me so I guess, that is looking like the plan unless someone wants to change something....

Brett: I don't think that this is an explorer only event cause then would you be allowed to come? Crazy Mounty drivers ;) I have personally have no objection if they want to come...

poo... i won't be back from my lil thanksgiving trip home by that saturday. we will have to do this again sometime for sure, i miss out on everything, boo hoo :p:

poo... i won't be back from my lil thanksgiving trip home by that saturday. we will have to do this again sometime for sure, i miss out on everything, boo hoo :p:

Gotta a snowboard or skis?

BWW in Longmont would work for me as I live in Longmont :) Is that still where we are planning to go? On the 24th at 1?

i'm loads of fun!!!! we'll just all have to get together a day when i'm around... since the two days you all have met up have probably been the only two days i've had to be somewhere or do something ;)

i snowboard, and plan on doing it a lot this year. i went up to keystone on saturday for the afternoon, snow was crappy but it was awesome to get out. i've got the 5 mtn pass so i'll be up there every weekend i can. i say a carpool? yayy!

what about everybody else, any snowboarders or skiers out there? Dumb question, we are in CO :confused:

PS B dubs is maybe my favorite place ever... well maybe not ever, but i lived across the street from one in college and spent many a night there! mmmmmm i might have to drive up to longmont tomorrow for dinner!

PS B dubs is maybe my favorite place ever... well maybe not ever, but i lived across the street from one in college and spent many a night there! mmmmmm i might have to drive up to longmont tomorrow for dinner!

Ha, we had a B Dubs across the street from us at College too.. One summer I would go mtn biking or for a long run and then would challenge anybody to a wing eating competition. I think my PR is 28 wings

I snowboard and ski, better at the latter. We definitely need to get some EF carpooling trips going! Jeff and I went snowboarding on Sunday, he got to watch me fall a few times :) His pass is good at Keystone/A-Basin and I've got the same one as you so we're golden

Breck opens Friday :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha, we had a B Dubs across the street from us at College too.. One summer I would go mtn biking or for a long run and then would challenge anybody to a wing eating competition. I think my PR is 28 wings

I snowboard and ski, better at the latter. We definitely need to get some EF carpooling trips going! Jeff and I went snowboarding on Sunday, he got to watch me fall a few times :) His pass is good at Keystone/A-Basin and I've got the same one as you so we're golden

Breck opens Friday :chug:

let's do it! you probably have to drive right past boulder anyway :p: i was planning on going up this weekend for a day if i could... we'll see though.

Back