Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
A little late but does anybody want to do some Colorado trails over the Labor Day Weekend? I want to go to Salida/Buena Vista area to do some wheeling. There are quite a few hotels in Salida and the ones I checked had rooms available. There are Holiday Inn Express
Best Western Days Inn Econo Lodge I will probably stay at the HI Express if we decide to go/if there is enough interest

For those that camp there is a KOA in the town just east of Salida Direct KOA link

Trails - mostly moderate:
Tin Cup Pass
Iron Chest (as far as I know the rocks are off to the side for most of the trail making it moderate)
Mt. Princeton
Tomichi Pass
Hancock Pass/Alpine Tunnel
Mt Antero
Old Monarch Pass
All these trails are in the Wells book starting on pg 121

So who is interested??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian you know im intrested, Lets see how many people we can get and then i will decide for sure.

I could quite possibly be in!

YEAH, count me in!!
Salida is quite a ways, but hopefully this will work out.
I have really been wanting to get with some of the board members for a wheeling trip!!!

I'll just camp.

Wait a second-- when is Labor Day???

okay, I'll have to look at my schedule, b/c I'm going to Florida sometime, but not for sure on dates
I'll definately be there if at all possible!!!

As enjoyable as Colorado is, why don't you all join us in Tucson over Labor Day?

We were going to go to Colorado this year, but for various reasons decided to go south - way south!

Scott Bosso said:
As enjoyable as Colorado is, why don't you all join us in Tucson over Labor Day?

We were going to go to Colorado this year, but for various reasons decided to go south - way south!
Too FAR!!!

Scott it would be great to wheel with you again since it has been a long time (since CCR00 I think) but I want to go to the Colorado mountains. I dont really have a desire to drive all the way to Tucson to go wheeling either. I guess I just like the high mountains better.

Brian,

I like the mountains, too. But, since I moved to Georgia from California, I actually miss the desert. Never thought that would happen!

I want to get back to Colorado - next year. CCR2005.

Hey guys I already have plans for labor day weekend. Well have fun and talk to you all later.

Clint

I'm interested, but not sure yet. I should have an answer before the weekend is up.

How far is the drive from ABQ?

-=DaemoN=- said:
How far is the drive from ABQ?
Roughly 280 miles-- according to mapquest
You ment Albuquerque right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Brian are you still planning to go? If so I'm in for Sat and Sun. Where are you planning to meet up Saturday morning? What trail, etc...

Back