Colorado Labor Day?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Labor Day??

Never been there! I'm sure we can find somewhere to camp though. I do know someone that was there last week. I'll talk to him on Wensday and see if he knows of any good sites.

See everyone Saturday

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Deamon were you going to camp also?

Joey - Yes, I'm getting some gear this week actually.

Cool, We should all just camp together. When you leaving alb?

Brian, what trails are you thinking of running? If we can't make it for the hole thing maybe we can make it for a day.......

Brian1 said:
Mike, post on the co4x4 BB and ask where to camp, Im sure you will get some good responses.

Wow, I cant believe all the hotels are booked, did you go through their websites or did you call them direct?

I called the 3 cheapest hotels in Salida and all were booked as of last Saturday. All the other hotels were out of my price range, so I gave up and decided to just camp. I will take your advice about posting on CO4x4 and see if there are any good recomendations.

Perry, the trails I plan on running are:

1st Day
Tin Cup, Hancock Pass and Cumberland Pass
2nd Day
Mt Princeton, Mt Antero (Top of trail is 14,000 ft!), maybe Iron Chest.

For everyone that will be there - we will meet at the Wal Mart parking lot at 8:30AM in Salida. It is just off the main road. Try and be on the road by 9. How does that sound?

mike and brian I got the cell #s will call when I get in on Saturday evening,
Perry if you can you should make it sunday and maybe we could do a more big dog run then, if that works for everyone else?? I am staying in the American Classic Inn just have a full size bed but should have some floor space if someone wants say 10 a night reserved for saturday and sunday nights

update they said they have a few rooms left number is 18006828513

My number is 505-480-4129. Im not sure if T-Mobile works up there but if it does trust me i will have my phone near. lol

The big dog runs would probably be during tin cup - there is a takeoff the trail called old tincup that is difficult and it meets back up with the trail. 2nd big dog run would be the last part of Iron chest.

Joey/Daemon, I just reserved us 2 campsites for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. They are at Riverside Lodge & Campground, 7870 W U.S.Hwy50, Salida, CO. The place sounds similar to Cannyonlands in Moab and is directly across the street from the Wal-Mart where we are planning to meet up at. The sites are $17 night for 2 people and the lady said it was ok to put 2 tents on one site if we need to. I won't be there Friday night so when you get there all you have to do is give her my name (Mike Boyle) and go from there. I figured we could share the sites and just split the cost. Sound good?
If you need to get in touch with the place for any reason the phone number is (719)539-4888.
See ya Saturday morning.

That sounds good to me. Im not sure what time we will get in because were leaving when i get out of school.

Hey guys whats up. I had hoped to make it up there for this, but there is no way now. :( Last week my motor caght fire and burnt up my truck, its totaled. :fire: So now I have to get another truck and start over again. I just bought a front locker but hadn't put it in yet. I hope the new tranny survived ok. Anyway, take lots of pics and have alot of fun. Maybe next year I'll be back in Aspen and everybody can come visit me. We could do Pearl Pass and some other local trails. CCR 2005 Aspen :thumbsup:

Later David Jarrett

Thanks a lot Mike.

Joey- what time do you get out of school? I'm not sure what time I'll be able to leave friday because of our flight schedules. If I'm not flying I'll up to leave anytime but if I am, around 4pm departure would be my guess.

Also, give me a call about the gears.

Well it looks like I will be leaving ABQ about 12ish (noon). If I get to Salida early enough I plan on doing an easy trail probably Old Monarch Pass and maybe Black Sage Pass. See everyone at 8:30 in the WalMart Parking lot!

Weather looks to be 30% chance rain Saturday and 10% Sunday. Hopefully it will be a nice weekend!

Well we talked it over and we just don't have the money at this time to make this trip. I figure it would cost over $100.00 just for gas so we are going to pass. It sure would be fun seeing you again Brian and meeting the others that are going, but we just don't have the money.
I hope you guys have a good time, I think the weather supose to be nice but you never know from one day to the other in the mountains.

Brian let me know how Mount Antero is, we are planning on doing that in November with Traildamage and if It's not to hard we will take the Kia because it gets better gas mileage then the explorer.

Perry, no problem - there is always next time- If we do indeed run Mt Antero I will let you know how it is. If you are going to do it in November though dont expect to make it to the top because there will probably be snow at 14k feet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to agree about the snow, I don't know why they are waiting so long into the year to go.
By they way Brian, how many hours do you think it will take you to get there?? I looked on Mapquest and it would be almost 4 hours for us.

Back