Colorado trail info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado trail info

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok everyone I need to know if anyone has heard of trail 371 off of Old Gold Camp RD near Colorado Springs. I need to know where the trail ends and what it's difficulty is? I went with some of my friends to do that trail today. We started out ok but one of my friends went off the trail and it took awhile to get him back on. By the time we were back on the trail it was getting dark. So we headed back home, Since no one knew the trail. The first part of the trail is great, some rocks to dodge, little streams to cross and lots of stuff to go over. Nobody I know has been to the end and has know idea where it ends or how long it is. I can't find it in any of my books or maps. Any idea where i might find some info on the trail? If any one in Colorado whats to run it, I would like to join in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

370 is the first leg of the Mt. Baldy trail. I'm not sure about 371. I look and see if it's on my my Forest Service map, but I don't think the map goes that far south.

If ever you want to do a run, let me know. You can e-mail me (a few days in advance) or call my cell a day or two in advance. E-mail me and I'll send you my cell number. I live just off Cheyenne Blvd.

That would be great to do a run with you. I think i saw you awhile ago in Rockrimmon. you can send me the number to joe9321@yahoo.com. I'll send you my nummber as well. Do you have a green X with The serrious exploration sticker on the windsheild?

If you guys let me know I'd love to come down and run with you guys... I just need some advanced notice... Probably after CCR would be best for me...

Yeah, Joe. That could have been me. BamBam is actually navy, but you can't tell between blue, green, and black unless you get close. It's stock height 4dr with a safari rack, lots of stickers on the back and www.explorer4x4.com on the brow.

I'll e-mail you my number ASAP.

Heath, have you had a chance to get your lift on the trail? You should probably get some runs in before CCR to get the feel.

Yeah we had her out this last weekend doing webster... I'm really impressed with how she performed... Now I just need to get the tires on there and try to do a run with those to so I know what to expect with those...

heath what kind of body lift did you put on?

andy

I did the Performance Accessories 2" body lift for the 91-94 explorer... I had to get a couple extra parts and modify some parts but overall it wasn't to bad to install... Plan a weekend though... The bumper brackets are what need to be modified and that all took about 7 hours with the drill and and cutting... And then test fitting and then readjusting and testing again... The front bumper is the worst and mine still isn't quite right but its close enough for me... You'll need to get the front bumper brackets from the 98+ Ranger 3" kit from Performance Accessories...

We also did the shackles and TT lift at the same time... I'm really happy with it so far...

That would be great to to have you come Heath. I would like to see the X now with the lift. I planned on going after CCR so that everyone has time to fix any problems they had During CCR. I got your e-mail Darkman and I will send you my Number as well ASAP. The run will more then likely be on the weekend. I will post plenty of notice if I plan on going. I would also like to run MT. Baldy to. I heard guite a few good things about that trail and It sounds like a great run. Still haven't found any Info on Trail 371. Any ideas where I might find Some Info would be great.

Hey you guys let me know too, a drive to springs is easier than a drive to denver!

The more the better Marshall. I will let you know when and where. Any other ideas for trails close to the springs to run are greatly apreciated.

i would be up for the run too. keep me posted on the dates
andy

Count me in!!!!!

I'd love to run with you .... Work has always caused a prob. But I'm off for awhile , so not this time . THNX ...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

So has anyone decided to run this weekend ? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I can't go this Saturday but I am up for Sunday. Any trails in mind Rocky?

trail 371 ? ? ?

You were askin' about trail 371 , did you find any info on it ? I'm not to sure whats around here . Go easy on me though . I'm workin' with rookie skills . Let's see how many others respond and go from there . Sunday is good , I'm suppossed to go to Cripple Creek for a Tattoo Comp. but I can skip it . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

No I haven't found any info on trail 371 but i will runn it if you would like. You can get through the stuff I have been through already. I'm sorta a rookie to so don't worry. I was going to the Tatoo Comp. but changed my mind.

So anyone else on for this Sunday? We could do either 371 or 370. 370 is moderate I believe and I know where that trail goes, suposed to be a great trail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm... Well I was just informed that I have to work that night... If you guys want to meet somewhere in the middle and roll I can go as long as we're back by about 2 or 3... But otherwise I'll have to catch you next time!!!

Back