Colorado trail info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado trail info

Hey Heath any where you would like to go to do a run that is somewhere In the middle?

Yeah This is my 200th Post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rampart Range road is all that I've really heard of in the middle... From my understanding its just your basic dirt road with a few offshoots that we could explore...

Yeah Rampart goes from Garden of the God's here in the Springs up towards Denver. It is a dirt road that can get rutty between groomings. I know that our end has some really fun side trails, but none of them are more that about half a mile long. I've never been further north than the Air Force Academy, though, so there may be more up that way. I also have riden on some great trails west of Monument, but I have no chance of finding them on my own.

I'm not sure I can do Sunday. I've missed church three weeks in a row now, and I'm afraid I might piss off the Big Guy if I miss again. :rolleyes:

If you go, have fun and let me know how it goes!

I'm in for whatever right now. I'm always ready to explore. I have been down some of the trails off Rampart Range road and know of two that I have only been down part way that were verry fun. These two are by Monument sorta off Rampart Range and MT. Herman. How does that sound to you Heath and Rocky?

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to go from the springs to denver on rampart range road??? That may work for us... I'll drive down there and meet you guys by 8 or something and then we'll head up rampart to Denver... Then you guys can either turn around and take it back or take 25 back down...

But unless I can find someone from denver to come along you guys have to run the dirt all the way till we find pavement... I realize its an easy trail but even then I won't wheel alone....

Heath and co

i/ve run rampage a couple of times and it isn't worth it. the trail is a dirt road, lots of ATV and shooters, it sucks I wouldn't waste a day on it personally.

Other than that allow 2-3 hrs, there are some side trails to explore but they are pretty unimpressive.

I'm up for a run on sunday though if you guys change your mind. I was going to go to fort collins and run with the larimer 4wheelers but will change plans for an explorer run on a good trail locally. maybe bill moore lake, or kingston peak/jenny creek??

andy

I think I'm actually running Bill Moore lake the next weekend with someone... maybe I should skip this weekend and get my truck aligned...

Back