Color's Run at Tellico - Oct 10-12 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Color's Run at Tellico - Oct 10-12

oh yeah, i have a friend that plans to meet us at the pay station sat morning. what time should i tell him? we need to beat the big group of learner jeeps out there i think so i'm guessing on an early morning! tell him to meet us at the second pay station at 8:30 or 9:00? what do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who's meeting up with us Jason?

remember max in the land cruiser? he wants to go, but he can't do an overnighter. maybe paul too.

Cool, I like wheelin' with them. I'd say try to get them up there as early as possible.

i might have to work i wont know till the close to the end of the day on friday so if i can go i will probably show up early on sat morning does anyone know how long it takes to get there from kennesaw? so i can leave accordingly. thanks

not sure liftedx96. do a mapquest to murphy, nc then add another 45 minutes/1 hr to get to the second pay station. i'm gonna guess it will take you about 2.5 hrs or less. i don't know the easiest way for you to get there. it may be easier for you to come in on the other side.. i'll take a look and let you know.

edit.. 75 goes pretty close. i'd say that's your best bet. mapquest it to "tellico plains, TN" that will put you pretty close and the road through there actually turns into Trail 1 i think.

thanks jason i'll mapquest it now.

Yep I'm definately out due to not being able to get off work.

I'll be up for a Thanksgiving weekend run when it gets it here though.

Ya'll have fun without me!!

loser! what about sammy and his nephew? they still tagging along right?

liftedX96, if you come in from the Tellico Plains TN side, I heard there was construction on that highway. It's twisty anyway and takes longer to do the last 30 miles than you would think. With construction delays it will take even longer. Plan your drive time accordingly.

i did a map quest and to muphy and it said to go up 575 and then to the other roads i cant remeber but the directions are in my heep i live right off of 575 so i will go that way how will i get in touch with someone if i can go or if i cant cause i wont know if i can go till friday evening. thanks for the heads up gjarrett. what trails are on the agenda to ride?

hey gerald.. what time do you think we should try to be at the trailhead?

i know my phone doesn't work at that campground so i'm of no use there. i would say we will set a time to meet at the paystation and you be there when we get there. or maybe call the campground and get the message relayed to us.

jason what is the latest time you will be around a computer i will try to find out as early as possible to let you know

There is no cellphone coverage at the camps or anywhere there except for a few select high spots like the intersection of Trails 1 and Upper 2.

Jason, I don't care when we start out. If you are interested in doing what I want to, I don't think we'll be behind a slow group anyway. Trail 5 was almost like 6 last week and may be fun going up. I'd like to go 1 to 5, up 5, over 4 and Fain's "non" Ford to 8, then straight to Slickrock to take a look at it. If it's undoable, then I'm up for whatever happens the rest of the day and don't care what we do. But I do want to take the quickest route straight to Slickrock if anyone else is interested.

ok.. so lets say we leave from the second pay station at 9:00. i'm gonna give that time to a friend of mine that wants to join us but will be heading up sat morning to wheel.

i'm fine with your plan gerald. i liked going up 5 last time. i will go up to slickrock with you, but will likely not attempt to go up it without a front locker. we can watch you try it out and then go back and meet you at the top. what about that. i don't think i can get up slickrock currently.

btw lifted.. i'll be at the computer until lunch or friday.

ok i really hope to see ya'll up there. 9:00 a.m. at the second paystation.

That's fine Jason. I don't think anyone else can make it to Slickrock either, but I wanted another vehicle behind me at the rockgarden below Slickrock so in case I get hung at the rockgarden someone can pull me back out. I was told last weekend that the rockgarden is much tougher now - and it wasn't a cakewalk in the first place. I may not have a chance, but I want to look.

Sammy and nephew won't be there either. They still have a bit of work left to do on there trucks.

FYI...If you want to try Slick Rock, or try to get to it, check out the Peterson's 4 Wheel & Offroad. They took the Ultimate Adventure through there and got damage on some pretty stout rigs. Just a thought for you guys.

Gerald, if you want, we can make arrangements to meet on your way back from Tellico to pick up that airbox. Just let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many will there be in the group now?

Back