Combination Switch Shorting again (smoke) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Combination Switch Shorting again (smoke)

jsun

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport SOHC 4x
Hello,

I had an issue previously with my signal combination switch buzzing and shorting on the lowest tilt setting for the steering column. I had Ford fix this when I had recently purchaced this truck. It has now been ~9-10 months since, and I am now getting simular symptoms but with-out the buzzing of a relay. I now have smoke or a constant illuminated turn signal with-out the relay flashing. It only happens periodticly or on the lowest steering tilt, & left turns only.

I guess the question is...If Ford repaired this problem and they do state 90 day parts and labor (expired) can I have them repair this for $nothing$, or am I looking at my own expence here?

Thanks!

J

90 days is what they have to honor. Altho sometimes they will overlook it if it seems like they did not perform the work right or if they now know that the replacement parts were junk. Its worth a try.

Originally posted by old mechanic
90 days is what they have to honor. Altho sometimes they will overlook it if it seems like they did not perform the work right or if they now know that the replacement parts were junk. Its worth a try.

Tanks man!

Will try I guess... Hopefully this does not cost and arm and a leg to investigate if they determine the ownership is mine.

Cheers!

J

id think that if it was the same problem that they had already fixed it is on them...but if it is the same symptoms but a different problem then i do not think it would be upto them

Back