• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Comfortable seat from BMW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

4FordFamily

Been there done that
Reaction score
City, State
Fishers, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Sport, 08, other ford
Interesting. I like my stock 16 X sport leather seats but this is neat. How much did they set you back?

Brian T

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Ltd
Nice, where did you get the carbon fibre for the dash and steering wheel?

Seregaff

Reaction score
City, State
Moscow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer sport 2014
Interesting. I like my stock 16 X sport leather seats but this is neat. How much did they set you back?
I like my stock 16 x sports Leather seats too, but in stock seats not enough lateral support and support under the knees.
seats at a cost of 2100$
Have done all on regular brackets, the normal connectors, you can always return to the factory seat.

rear sofa will be reupholstered in leather Dakota and install heated seats.
and put the electric third row )
P/S. sorry for my English )))

sxepride

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Does the plastic in the steering wheel pop off to apply the carbon fiber wrap or hydodip? Wasn't sure if it popes off easy

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Does the plastic in the steering wheel pop off to apply the carbon fiber wrap or hydodip? Wasn't sure if it popes off easy
I have a Saab and have followed those who put on very similar custom steering wheels on Saab Central. The whole round steering wheel is replaced with the center mounting part with the airbag remaining. Apparently getting the airbag reset on the vehicle - to work properly again so the vehicle starts is a hassle with the Saab. Not sure how easy this nice upgrade is or not on the Ex.

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
So is the wheel the stock x wheel? I have a 15 sport with heated wheel and the thing I hate the most is the wheel is not very fat so to speak.. So trying to find an options for a nicer fatter wheel.. perhaps a cover is all

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Other possible seat swaps besides Flex and other 5th gens? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
F Partial seat swap PIU to Base Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
W Wet Okole Seat Covers Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
R How to: 2nd Row Bucket Seat Install Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 11
P Third row seat speakers Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
J Passenger seat vibration/wobble Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
P Using SYNC heated seat switch on aftermarket heaters? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
A Remove 2nd Row Bucket Seat, Air Bag Disabled Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
B Power Seat Switch Aluminum Dress-Up Kit Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
T Seat belt alarm answer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
E Canvasback cargo/seat covers - power fold problem Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
B Deleting/removing third row seat Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6
M My fix for the power 3rd row seat switch Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 17
J Seat Cover Removal/Replacement Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
S Memory seat Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
B Aftermarket Rear seat armrest/console Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
M 11' Compact Lift-Up Seat by Bruno Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
P 2011 Explorer, Aftermarket Rear Seat Video suggestions Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 17