Comment on the Hootus story... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Comment on the Hootus story...

hydroxy

I like to fiddle...
Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited v6
So I started a co-op on Jan 3 of this year. Guy who works next to me has a lifted jeep yada yada yada. I was showing him pictures today of my accident which are in a thread on this forum. He noticed the banner at the top of the page and the first words out of his mouth were: "This is the Hootus site!!"

I couldn't believe that some guy who has never owned an explorer ever before, who I just happened to work with in Roanoke VA knew about "The Hootus story".

Anyways, I just thought Mr. Hootus himself would get a laugh from that... or maybe not :p

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
No surprise, I got used to that long ago.... that story really did go everywhere in the world, lol.

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
it made it to my local 4x4 site(BC's biggest), as someone was asking about rhino liner(months ago) and another made a crack about a hootus and quite a few people laughed knowingly.

Crankcase

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XL Ex-Police
LOL , back in its prime, it doubled the new members coming in....

zekex2

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0 L AWD
I have heard this mentioned several times at a few other sites that i belong to. I always post a link to the thread here just so that every body gets it right. :D

GJ you are a legend. :eek: :D

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I laugh everytime I hear stories about that thread. The term "hootus" is awesome.