• Register Today It's free!

comments on this set up...

JBROJ

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I have a 2001 sport, so its basically a second gen...

Now i want a little lift to clear tires which will be purchased sometime in summer. Now the setup i was going for is going to give me about 3" or so of lift, hopefully... i was just wondering if any one had any comments or suggestions about my proposed way of going around it...

1. War-153 shackles
2. TT
3. Explorer pro comp add a leafs
4. Skyjacker Nitro Shocks, all around

Want it for daily driver/light offroad... hopefully to clear 32's let me know what you think if i'm missing on something and things i should look out for on install and such... thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All looks good except i dont think you can utilize coil springs seeing as you dont have any. am i missing something with you wanting them? everything else looks good and you'd prob be close for some 32's.

yeh i dunno it was a long day and i was looking at the the ranger suspenison lift with the replaced coils was looking at them then they ended up as part of my list... wierd, but anyway... is there anything that will give me a little more lift in the front besides the TT?

nope a torsion twist is all you can do up front suspension wise without getting a full blown torsion bar lift kit or swapping to a solid axle, neither seem to be in your scope if you dont plan on hardcore stuff and both are rather expen$ive

if you want more tire clearnace you can always add a bodylift on top of whatever suspension you have done

and a PA 3 inch BL :thumbsup:

yeh it is a 4x4 so spindels are out of the question... and wasnt too excited about a BL ive just heard some bad things... but im totally rulling it out... i wanna try to push a 31" wider tire for now and ill prolly just go with the TT up front and trim up if i need too...

Back