• Register Today It's free!

Compass won't Calibrate

webwzrd

Reaction score
City, State
St Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited v8-4x
'02 Limited - Compass in message center.

I've had the truck for two weeks and it's always been stuck on NW.

I have the calibration instructions and have followed them to the point where I'm instructed to drive slowly in tight circle. However after more than a dozen circles, no calibration.

Anyone run across this or have any suggestions?

'02 Limited - Compass in message center.

I've had the truck for two weeks and it's always been stuck on NW.

I have the calibration instructions and have followed them to the point where I'm instructed to drive slowly in tight circle. However after more than a dozen circles, no calibration.

Anyone run across this or have any suggestions?

Can you change from the odometer to the tripometer? Does the mileage update as you are driving? Does the Outside Temp display correctly? Sounds like you have the infamous problem with the LED display.

I recently fixed mine using these 2 threads:

Check out this thread for the repair: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?p=2552800

Check out this thread for removal of the instrument cluster: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218636

Hope this helps out & good luck with the fix. :biggthump

Thanks for the reply. Everything else seems to be working as expected - with the exception of the display being hard to read in the day light. Guess I could try pulling the circuit board out and see if I see any weak or burnt spots.

Thanks for the reply. Everything else seems to be working as expected - with the exception of the display being hard to read in the day light. Guess I could try pulling the circuit board out and see if I see any weak or burnt spots.

It's not that bad. Just take your time and be careful with the shift indicator cable.

Back